Legislative Idiocy

YocumRidge

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time will come when even comedians like Jon Stewart and Bill Maher will not be able to offer an explanation as to why we have a BOTTOMLESS FOUNTAIN OF LEGISLATIVE IDIOCY coming out of the Democratic Senate (that we worked so hard to put in place in 2008)!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/01/stewart-destroys-dems-for_n_305948.html

That's change I can believe in!!

Yes we can!

:lmao:

Time will come when even comedians like Jon Stewart and Bill Maher will not be able to offer an explanation as to why we have a BOTTOMLESS FOUNTAIN OF LEGISLATIVE IDIOCY coming out of the Democratic Senate (that we worked so hard to put in place in 2008)!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/01/stewart-destroys-dems-for_n_305948.html

That's change I can believe in!!

Yes we can!

:lmao:

At least the "left" is capable of self-criticism. We should pull up some of your Mission Accomplished/Pro-Sarah Palin posts. Now those are funny!!!

How about bought and paid for as an excuse:

Among the 61 recipients of these joint contributions are 11 senators who sit on the 23-member Senate Finance Committee, which is chaired by Sen. Max Baucus (D-Mont.). Baucus ranked as the third highest recipients of such contributions, accepting about $201,000 from 109 lobbyists representing 11 health-related organizations, plus an additional $252,750 from the lobbying clients' employees or PACs.

Four other Democratic senators on the Finance committee also received such contributions: Sens. John Kerry (D-Mass.), Blanche Lincoln (D-Ark.), Jay Rockefeller (D-W.Va.) and Deborah Stabenow (D-Mich.). These lawmakers combined received roughly one-sixth of Baucus' haul -- averaging about $19,800 in contributions per person from these clients and their external lobbyists during the two-and-a-half year period studied.

On the other side of the aisle, 60 percent of the Republicans on the Senate Finance Committee were found to have accepted campaign contributions from these major health-related organizations and their outside lobbyists.

Sen. Pat Roberts (R-Kan.) received the most in such contributions, with $130,620 from these lobbyists and their clients, followed by Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), who received $78,450. Sens. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah), Mike Crapo (R-Idaho), Mike Enzi (R-Wyo.) and John Cornyn (R-Texas) round out the list of GOP recipients.

How about bought and paid for as an excuse:

Among the 61 recipients of these joint contributions are 11 senators who sit on the 23-member Senate Finance Committee, which is chaired by Sen. Max Baucus (D-Mont.). Baucus ranked as the third highest recipients of such contributions, accepting about $201,000 from 109 lobbyists representing 11 health-related organizations, plus an additional $252,750 from the lobbying clients' employees or PACs.

Four other Democratic senators on the Finance committee also received such contributions: Sens. John Kerry (D-Mass.), Blanche Lincoln (D-Ark.), Jay Rockefeller (D-W.Va.) and Deborah Stabenow (D-Mich.). These lawmakers combined received roughly one-sixth of Baucus' haul -- averaging about $19,800 in contributions per person from these clients and their external lobbyists during the two-and-a-half year period studied.

On the other side of the aisle, 60 percent of the Republicans on the Senate Finance Committee were found to have accepted campaign contributions from these major health-related organizations and their outside lobbyists.

Sen. Pat Roberts (R-Kan.) received the most in such contributions, with $130,620 from these lobbyists and their clients, followed by Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), who received $78,450. Sens. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah), Mike Crapo (R-Idaho), Mike Enzi (R-Wyo.) and John Cornyn (R-Texas) round out the list of GOP recipients.

I wouldn't wipe my ass with a Democratic congressman...to cleanse myself of a Republican congressman even.

If guys like KKK had any integrity they'd sit out the next few election cycles. :fahq:

i think the point is, no matter your politics or when, if ever, you vote, the rich own the government and its they that call the shots. the odds of ever changing that are infitesimal, but if it makes anybody feel better, maybe we could rebuild the ole'guillotine and throw down, french style for awhile?

Please tell me you're unemployed.

why, you got a job for me?

hey, dig it baby - 2night i'm on your side! - i can get behind trying to kill our way out of this thing, at least for the next few hours - its pretty fucking clear that the nice-guy route ain't working, and probably never will. it's not like there haven't been decades of attempts to reduce the monopoly the rich have on the levers of power.

If I thought you had any idea of what you're talking about, I'd play along. But I don't, so goodnight.

uh, okay, perhaps i should turn my ancient-aramaic transalator off? didn't think i was being coy, but perhaps i'm wrong? have you had a head injury lately?

If I thought you had any idea of what you're talking about, I'd play along. But I don't, so goodnight.

uh, okay, perhaps i should turn my ancient-aramaic transalator off? didn't think i was being coy, but perhaps i'm wrong? have you had a head injury lately?

Somehow I doubt that you and Aramaic are closely associated.

Somehow I doubt that you and Aramaic are closely associated.

people frequently confuse w/ me w/ jeebus, so i'm sure you're mistaken :)

Makes you wonder. Just saying.

dude, i'm a CONFIRMED catholic - jeebus runs silly through my veins! i suffered through more than 500 masses before i turned 18 and can still recite the whole damn thing from memory, so my entry into the holy hearafter is assured!

what's it make you wonder?