**EMERGENCY** LOOKING FOR CLIMBERS

CATHI

Hi, my husband and his friend went climbing at North Early Winters Spires... I think to do the East Buttress climb.

THey have not come home since leaving yesterday morning and haven't heard from them. If you are going to climb there today or know anything about two climbers, NAMES AND PHONE NUMBER REMOVED

They were driving a white Subaru Forrester WA STATE license plate

Edited by Off_White

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What time were they supposed to be back by? Driving to WA Pass, climbing a route and driving home would be a pretty long day. Cell coverage is quite crappy in that neck of the woods.

If you're really worried about them call SAR, or at least the local Sheriff's office to drive by the trailhead and see if the car is still there.

Maybe we should have a whole new forum for overly-excitable spouses to feak out on when their gaper husbands show up a few hours late from a climb.

Sounds to me like she had a legitimate concern for her husband's well-being and reached out here in a reasonable and sincere manner. I'm sure that having nobody waiting back at home grants you and Choada a certain degree of "freedom", but it doesn't give you license to shit all over Cathi's post.

I guess it is probably because I just went through an emergency and had to be rescued by SAR and taken to a hospital and was away from my family and then had to call them the next day and tell them I was going into surgery. Maybe I feel for the people who are upset by the impacts that our climbing has on loved ones. Maybe I can put myself in that person's place. Maybe.

I guess it is probably because I just went through an emergency and had to be rescued by SAR and taken to a hospital and was away from my family and then had to call them the next day and tell them I was going into surgery. Maybe I feel for the people who are upset by the impacts that our climbing has on loved ones. Maybe I can put myself in that person's place. Maybe.

you sound like you could use a hug :)

Maybe we should have a whole new forum for overly-excitable spouses to feak out on when their gaper husbands show up a few hours late from a climb.

Sounds to me like she had a legitimate concern for her husband's well-being and reached out here in a reasonable and sincere manner. I'm sure that having nobody waiting back at home grants you and Choada a certain degree of "freedom", but it doesn't give you license to shit all over Cathi's post.

You are such a moron. I said call 911 if she had a concern, you clueless turd.

Yeah We were all right, Told my girlfriend we'd be back the same day and got caught in the dark. We were just fine but we couldn't get a hold of her so the search was on! Great climb though! Had a lot of fun except for the worrying the family part. But we'll know better next time. Thanks to S.A.R. folks, met them when we were almost down to the parking lot, and they were happy it turned out to be just a beautiful day for a hike:)

Well it definitely gives me enough freedom to tell you to go fuck yourself.