Obama hates white people!

billcoe

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG! LOL !! Classic, MJ is truly in heaven!!!

It looks like the coroner has, or soon will, soon rule MJs death a suicide. http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9A9FHEG1&show_article=1

"LOS ANGELES (AP) - A law enforcement official tells The Associated Press that the Los Angeles County coroner has ruled Michael Jackson's death a homicide.

The finding makes it more likely criminal charges will be filed against the doctor who was with the pop star when he died.

The official says the coroner determined a fatal combination of drugs was given to Jackson hours before he died in his rented Los Angeles mansion on June 25. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because the findings have not been publicly released.

Forensic tests found the powerful anesthetic propofol in Jackson's system along with two sedatives, the official says.

Dr. Conrad Murray, Jackson's personal physician, is the target of a manslaughter probe headed by Los Angeles police. "

Edited by billcoe

Well, good to see that it looks like the plot thickens on the racist bullshit charge. It appears that despite what JB says above, advertisers, despite how popular Beck is, are pulling out Beck and starting to pull out of Fox itself, and not merely shifting their adds to other Fox affiliates and shows. Maybe Beck will get a show with Imus, who said something much more innocuous and paid for it. I had no love for Beck before this event, but the disdain I felt use to be fairly mild in comparison. If I could see the evidence Beck used to call Obama racist, I might change my mind, till then, I'll just consider him a dickhead.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090824/ap_on_en_tv/us_tv_beck_s_advertisers_6

"NEW YORK – Glenn Beck returns to Fox News Channel on Monday after a vacation with fewer companies willing to advertise on his show than when he left, part of the fallout from calling President Barack Obama a racist.

A total of 33 Fox advertisers, including Wal-Mart Stores Inc., CVS Caremark, Clorox and Sprint, directed that their commercials not air on Beck's show, according to the companies and ColorofChange.org, a group that promotes political action among blacks and launched a campaign to get advertisers to abandon him. That's more than a dozen more than were identified a week ago.

While it's unclear what effect, if any, this will ultimately have on Fox and Beck, it is already making advertisers skittish about hawking their wares within the most opinionated cable TV shows.

The Clorox Co., a former Beck advertiser, now says that "we do not want to be associated with inflammatory speech used by either liberal or conservative talk show hosts." The maker of bleach and household cleaners said in a statement that it has decided not to advertise on political talk shows....."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/james-rucker/verizon-lowes-johnson-joh_b_267302.html

Verizon, Lowe's, Johnson & Johnson, 13 more drop Glenn Beck

Our campaign calling on Glenn Beck's advertisers to stop supporting his show continues to pick up steam. Today we're announcing that sixteen more companies have pledged not to run their ads on Beck's show:

The new companies distancing themselves from Beck include Airware Inc. (makers of Brez anti-snoring aids), Ancestry.com, AT&T, Blaine Labs Inc., Campbell Soup Company, Clorox, Ditech, The Elations Company, Experian (creator of FreeCreditReport.com), Farmers Insurance Group, Johnson & Johnson (makers of Tylenol), Lowe's, NutriSystem, Sprint, The UPS Store and Verizon Wireless.

That brings the total to 36 companies that have pulled their support from Beck or given explicit instructions that their ads are not to run on the show. It's all because more than 160,000 ColorOfChange members connected the dots for Glenn Beck's advertisers and called on them to stop supporting his show. We want to say thank you to everyone who's participated in this campaign.

We could also use your help. We brought on additional staff for the campaign in order to drive as many advertisers away as possible. We need to keep them in order to maximize the number of advertisers that drop Beck and to make sure none come back. Anything you can provide will help us get there -- whether $10, $20, $50, or more. You can make a contribution to help move the campaign forward, here.

More on how the campaign has been going, and statements from the new companies distancing themselves from Beck, after the jump.

Demanding accountability

After we first launched this campaign, our staff began contacting advertisers to convey the concerns of our members and ask advertisers to stop supporting Beck. Most advertisers decided to do the right thing after hearing about what Beck is doing, and that so many people are concerned about it. Some needed evidence of the level of outrage, so we flooded with comments from people that signed the petition to advertisers. Others needed a picture of what it would look like for their company's name and brand to be publicly associated with Beck's rhetoric, so we showed them that, too.

Then there were those that refused to answer our calls or respond to our emails. Red Lobster, Vonage, Clorox, Lowe's, and Experian fell into that category, and we asked some of our members to give them a call.

By the end of last week, ColorOfChange members made more than 2,800 calls to those five companies, and in just two days, three out of the five -- Experian, Clorox, and Lowe's -- pulled their ads. We're still waiting to hear if Red Lobster or Vonage have changed their minds, and we'll follow up with them this week.

Here are statements from the advertisers recently distancing themselves from Beck:

"...Sprint ads appeared as part of a broader rotational package of advertising purchased on the Fox Network," said Kathleen Dunleavy, a Sprint spokesperson, in an email to ColorOfChange.org. "They were not specifically targeted to the Glenn Beck Show nor should they air during this program going forward."

"...I wanted to let you know that we have taken steps to make sure that [sprint] will not be advertising on the Glenn Beck show," Dunleavy later reiterated in a phone message to ColorOfChange.org.

"While we will continue to advertise on news programming, including FOX News, there are certain programs on the FOX Network that do not meet Lowe's advertising guidelines, including The O'Reilly Factor and Glenn Beck Program," said Meliski Cox, a spokesperson for Lowe's, in an email to ColorOfChange.org.

"Per our advertising standards, we don't advertise in programs that display exploitive sex or violence, treat ethnic, religious, or political groups in a disparaging manner, present facts inaccurately or distort them to blatantly partisan advantage, and treat individuals or groups in a demeaning manner", said Adam Oberweiser, a spokesperson for Clorox, in a phone message to a ColorOfChange.org member. "We have had limited advertisements on the Glenn Beck Program in the past, however the statements he made during that show would not adhere to our programming standards. Furthermore, we will not be advertising on his program in the future since he did violate our own advertising standards."

"We have addressed the issue," said Rich Hallibran, a spokesperson for The UPS Store, in a phone message to ColorOfChange.org. "You will not see our ads on The Glenn Beck TV program."

"We are no longer advertising on Beck's program," said Susan McGowan, Senior Director of Public Relations at NutriSystem, Inc., in an email to ColorOfChange.org. "You can now include us with the other companies that have stopped advertising."

In a phone conversation with ColorOfChange.org, a spokesperson for AT&T, Daryl Evans, said that their company already had Beck's program on a 'Do Not Air' list for their ads, and if an advertisement was seen during 'Glenn Beck' it was placed in error. Evans pledged to call Fox News and correct that error.

In a phone conversation with ColorOfChange.org, Marcy Smith, Director of Advertising for Experian Consumer Direct, confirmed that due to the number and frequency of complaints they have received, they have specifically asked Fox News to pull any of their ads from Glenn Beck's program and distribute their ads to other shows in the rotation.

"We obviously neither condone nor endorse Mr. Beck's comments," said Anthony Sanzio, a Campbell Soup Company spokesman, in a phone conversation with ColorOfChange.org. "We were not pleased when we heard them [the comments] and they certainly don't reflect the views of this company. We have no advertising currently slated for Mr. Beck's program and don't have any plans for the future."

"In light of the consistency of comments that are made, we don't plan to advertise there in the future," Sanzio continued. "We have communicated to our media buying agency that we will not be advertising on that show."

"Thank you for bringing this to our attention," said Marc Monseau, Director of Corporate Communications for Johnson & Johnson, in an email to ColorOfChange.org. "These advertisements ran on Glenn Beck as part of a rotational advertising package on Fox News, and I have shared your thoughts with those in our organization responsible for making those rotational buys. We have now informed the network to not include it in our rotation moving forward."

In a phone conversation with ColorOfChange.org, Jim Gerace, Vice President of Corporate Communications for Verizon Wireless, confirmed that they added Beck's show to its "Do Not Air" list based on Beck's controversial track record. "We, on our own, looked at where we're spending our advertising," Gerace said. "We made a decision that we don't want to be advertising on that program for a lot of reasons."

"We hear your concerns and are no longer advertising on the Glenn Beck show," said Cindy Thomas, Chief Marketing Officer for Ditech, in a phone message to ColorOfChange.org.

"Ancestry.com buys television advertising on many networks, including Fox News, but does not sponsor any specific content or program," said Mike Ward, Public Relations Director for Ancestry.com, in an email to ColorOfChange.org. "However, once this issue surfaced, we instructed Fox News to exclude our advertisements from the Glenn Beck program."

"I wanted to let you know that AirWare Inc., the manufacturer of Brez anti-snoring aids, has instructed its advertising agency to insure that none of our advertisements run on the Glenn Beck show," said David Green, Director of Public Relations for AirWare, Inc., in an email to ColorOfChange.org. "Because of the way TV advertising is purchased, company executives were not aware in advance that our ads would be running on the show."

"We have requested that the ads not appear on the Glen [sic] Beck show," said Dr. Robert Blaine, President and CEO of Blaine Labs, Inc., in an email to ColorOfChange.org. "Our contract is essentially a, 'fill in where there is empty space', [sic] and lately, I guess there has been a lot of empty space on the Beck show due to your organization. Our new contract comes up sometime in September and that show will be stricken from the rotation. We do not support [G]lenn eck and do not support his show."

"What we did last Thursday was our advertising department requested of Fox News Channel that they no longer place a portion of our ads on the Glenn Beck Program [sic]," said a spokesperson for Farmers Insurance Group in a phone message to ColorOfChange.org.

"Just want to let you know that we will no longer be advertising on that [Glenn Beck's] program," said David Silver, a spokesperson for The Elations Company

Lol...

This morning I tuned past Beck in time to hear him "exposing" all the members of colorofchange not "...just communists, but REVOLUTIONARY COMMUNISTS!!!" bent on "destroying America as we know it!"

I guess the free market is hard to swallow when it shuts you out?

he then continued a popular recent refrain by predicting that "if all this radical legislation like health care passes this fall, I assure you there is going to be violence because there are people out there just itching to do something. And this is just what Obama wants so he can impose martial law upon all of you!"

Then he said "you all need to fall to your knees and pray! And you need to go to these town halls armed . Not with guns, but with facts, and also make sure you bring your video cameras and be ready to film any violence so the truth can be seen when something happens..."

This guy needs to be put in a padded room, and maybe waterboarded since he seems to have inside knowledge of wacko extremist plans.

Lol...

This morning I tuned past Beck in time to hear him "exposing" all the members of colorofchange not "...just communists, but REVOLUTIONARY COMMUNISTS!!!" bent on "destroying America as we know it!"

I guess the free market is hard to swallow when it shuts you out?

he then continued a popular recent refrain by predicting that "if all this radical legislation like health care passes this fall, I assure you there is going to be violence because there are people out there just itching to do something. And this is just what Obama wants so he can impose martial law upon all of you!"

Then he said "you all need to fall to your knees and pray! And you need to go to these town halls armed . Not with guns, but with facts, and also make sure you bring your video cameras and be ready to film any violence so the truth can be seen when something happens..."

Yah? I don't think anyone is inventive enough to make this shit up....if true, pretty much makes me speechless, and hoping that the free market works once more so that normal folks flee, and encourage others to do the same.

Maybe he can get a job doing real work: http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/lbg/1070196636.html Says:

"Yard work (Hunts Point)

Date: 2009-03-11, 9:30AM PDT

Reply to: gigs-ywccq-1070196636@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

I need someone to work around my yard for a day. I have ten yards of gravel to shovel and wheelbarrow about 150'. That should take about 2 hours. After that, one of the wings on my house needs to be re-roofed. It is only about 20' x 30'. By the time that is done, it should be about perfect for you to prepare me a delicious lunch. After I eat my lunch, I would like you to pleasure me.

When I am done, back to work you go! I have four large fir trees that I would like taken down, and cut and chopped into fire wood. I have a hatchet for you to use to turn the branches into mulch. After that, you can go home.

I am sick and tired of people charging me too much, and doing too little. Minimum wage is $3.35, so I will pay you $35.00 for the day, assuming you get it all done. We will figure out what you owe me for anything that doesn't get done.

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

* Compensation: no pay "

Perfect boss for the dude.

Well, good to see that it looks like the plot thickens on the racist bullshit charge. It appears that despite what JB says above, advertisers, despite how popular Beck is, are pulling out Beck and starting to pull out of Fox itself, and not merely shifting their adds to other Fox affiliates and shows.

I wish you were right but so far only one advertiser is pulling out entirely (and temporarily) from FOX. All others ask to switch their advertising to other shows.

FOX is first a propaganda machine and Murdoch (News Corp CEO and owner) stands to lose a lot more money from a more regulated environnment that'd come from a successful reform movement than temporarily losing some advertising because his goons offend thinking people. They pretty much always show their stupidity anyway and this time people noticed only because Beck smeared Obama.

It's not about ratings, it's about energizing the wingnut base to give the appearance of legitimacy to corporate astroturf organizing against reforms and about scaring seniors who are well known to fall prey to fear-mongering. News Corp (owns FOX, WSJ, NYPost, and much more) is the employer of half the speakers (mostly TV talking heads and 'journalists') involved in the latest conference on online astroturf organizing.

As your article says, to avoid bad publicity, advertisers simply changed programs but keep advertising on FOX. These advertisers are often part of the 100 corps that were on a memo, leaked out about a year ago at ABC, calling for a blackout-no advertising on Air America (progressive radio).

You nailed it jb. Todays news from Fox.

"While the advertising boycott has generated substantial media coverage, Fox News said it has not impacted the network’s revenues or Beck’s audience. "The advertisers referenced have all moved their spots from Beck to other programs on the network so there has been no revenue lost," a spokeswoman said."

The article was Glenn Beck trying to attack one of the Colorofchange founders. http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2009/08/glenn-beck-ignores-ad-boycott.html

You were right you were right you were right!

There. :wave:

..and thank you for the informative information. Kind of pisses me off though how the slight of hand is operated there.

Beck unveiled his grand proposal for defeating "radical liberalism in America":

A new...CIVILIAN SECURITY FORCE!

Only this one "won't have silly uniforms, or paychecks".

And it will eliminate "those who try to dismantle our Constitution" which he has previously defined as anyone who supports health care reform or basically anyone who supports any current gov't policies.

So great- a militia, in other words, to knock doors and haul away "enemies". A cleansing, if you will.

Then he got back to a more pressing topic, which was ridiculing people reminiscing about Ted Kennedy on NPR, and ridiculing Kennedy in the process, bolstered oh so effecitively and cleverly by mocking one announcer's British accent. Classy!

Anyway, don't answer the door if you voted for Obama, it could be your neighbor and his mob of American Hutu militia. :eek:

Also, he says it is your duty to confront your co-workers at the office on a daily basis, "ask lots of questions and then challenge them on their beliefs. Do it each day!"

I suppose that's okay with me as long as I still have the right to have HR reprimand or fire them for wasting company time harassing fellow employers.

But hey, at least you tried to convert them, if that fails you can at least add their names to the enemies list for Beck's neighborhood Gestapo for when "they" finally push "us Americans" too far.

Does this new grassroots security force make Beck a "Community Organizer?" I'm confused, because I thought that was only for Marxists and fags.

Also, he says it is your duty to confront your co-workers at the office on a daily basis, "ask lots of questions and then challenge them on their beliefs. Do it each day!"

I just tried this. They told me to fuck off. Life imitates spray.

You need to take some lessons from Glenn Beck in communications. Try speaking very, verrrrry slowly as you make a point, carefully using extremely simplistic language and examples, and avoiding any use of complicated words and phrases. Go out of your way to avoid any appearance or suggestion of having had any formal education, as intelligence and proper English is extremely offensive to Americans and will get you rightfully branded as "elitist".

When making points of extra importance, try crying or screaming, depending on the context necessary. When screaming, be sure to continue speaking slowly as before, making special effort to draw out the pronounciation of key words for emphasis and to give the appearance that, while outraged, you are actually thinking the issue through at the moment you are screaming. This will dispel any doubts as to the validity of your outrage and the depth of your consideration of the topic. Crying will also emphasize how much you truly care.

Finally, remind your coworkers of the war that's coming and that they wouldn't want to be on the "wrong side". Include statements like: "if I could so easily find out where you and your family live, the hours you are at home, etc., just think how easy it will be for Obama to find out!", or, "it would be a shame if someone from the government slipped cyanide in your coffee while you went to the copier to pick up your printouts...". Make sure to deplore violence as a means to an end...except in extreme circumstances of course, but emphasize that we "haven't reached that point yet..."

Before you know it, your coworkers will be on board! :wave: