• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
danhelmstadter

Diamond free solo video!

did you say pink's perspiring from his anus? :noway:

i think you need to talk to kevbone for verification on that one....

casting stone you can barely lift... priceless.

hey i've noticed you're a really articulate and insightful fellow, with concise and perspicuous analyses of any topic, so maybe you can explain exactly what you mean with your biblical homily? something about the charge i levy being a charge i am guilty of myself, methinks? help a brother out.

your burnin up...

I had a friend once tell me that people commonly die every winter freesoloing in Joshua Tree and yet it never makes it further than the local news down there.

Bill, if a friend told you that eating your own shit was nutritious, would you do it?

EDIT: you probably would. You are that gullible.

It's a serious consideration Mark, especially since the only other climber to do that very route free solo later died free soloing.

You ever heard of Charlie Fowler?

You and Mark must be high.

Charlie didn't free solo 'that' route.

Edited by JosephH

your burnin up...

no shit, 85 and doing a workout.

you should check out my next vid on why i hate video.

It's a serious consideration Mark, especially since the only other climber to do that very route free solo later died free soloing.

You ever heard of Charlie Fowler?

You and Mark must be high.

My bad. Google search gave me this, which is obviously misleading:

Charlie Fowler made the first free solo of the Diamond, soloing the Integral Route, ... and then on-sight soloed Pervertical Sanctuary

I wonder how many people have soloed that route without feeling the need to inform the whole world of their "accomplishment".

Yup, great story, Fowler was so unassuming on that stuff. I think it originally had another name, and when Charlie freesoloed it, they all changed the name to the "Casual" route.. at like 5.10 which at the time was a hard grade. :lmao:

I think he did the DNB in Yosemite in a similar, non-chestbeating manner. Just casually replied to someone who asked what he had climbed that day....

Charlie aid soloed some A4 route on that face in winter too... and probably a bunch of other routes that I don't remember hearing about.

I wonder how many people have soloed that route without feeling the need to inform the whole world of their "accomplishment".

thousand maybe millions...

I heard Montgomery Wick free solo downclimbed it in full winter conditions...just for sport. And do you think he told a soul? Nope.

I heard Montgomery Wick free solo downclimbed it in full winter conditions...just for sport. And do you think he told a soul? Nope.

i didn't hear that same thing...

casting stone you can barely lift... priceless.

hey i've noticed you're a really articulate and insightful fellow, with concise and perspicuous analyses of any topic, so maybe you can explain exactly what you mean with your biblical homily? something about the charge i levy being a charge i am guilty of myself, methinks? help a brother out.

your burnin up...

hmmm i fail to see the similarity. but thanks.

i think pink just wants to post that foto of himself with the flowing locks and single chin.

i think pink just wants to post that foto of himself with the flowing locks and single chin.

funny, you'd think a new avatar would freshen things up.

well he sure as fuck didn't surf it!!!

Charlie+Don%27t+Surf.jpg

well he sure as fuck didn't surf it!!!

Charlie+Don%27t+Surf.jpg

lol :lmao: