The new Star Trek movie

Off_White

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every five or ten years Hollywood manages not to fuck something up. The new Star Trek movie is one of these cases. It's baller.

Indy got too old but not quite old enough.

Kirk got fat.

Good as dead in dickwood.

scotty is by far the best part of the new movie - in fact the whole thing seemed to be pretty much written by cheech n' chong - or did that have somethign to do with the fact that i made the 420 matinee (which, by the way, at 7 fucking squaw-bucks, hardly seems deserving of the title)?

i hope they don't do anymore - this one was good b/c it satirized all the old shit, but it would just be ghey another go round

anybody else notice the first guy to die was wearing a red jumpsuit :)

kirk sounding a green chick, classic

it would take a black chick to find something in sylar-meets-rain-man boy

i like that commodore pike ends up the story in a wheelchair - and that they water-boarded his ass, perhaps the only nod to the old shows' political saviness?

is it me, or did they have some fucking muppets in this movie?

i don't know what the fuck i need a heisenberg compensator for - clearly my life would be much, much cooler if i just had a holo-deck, an unlimited supply of dilithium crystals, and perhaps a (remodulatable) tacheon beam :grin:

if all the pre-existing star trek films and series were to be taken as a holy canon, like the bible, including this most recent film into that canon would be not unlike tucking monty python's "the life of brian" into the new testament, just after the gospel of john :)

It's as easy as pulling down a little boyz pants.

Good thing you are a dad sobo, else there would be serious questions....................

Since Sobo was describing how to do a Michael Jackson dance move, the context makes sense. You do understand the connections between moonwalk=michaeljackson=pedophile?

At least somebody gets my attempts at humor...

OK, so it wasn't a whole month. I had occasion to see the new ST flick last night...

It was quite funny at times, what with the throwbacks to the original series. Ivan caught that Olson was a redshirt, and obligatorily, was the first killed. Nice touch by the screenwriter and director, there, in keeping with Orginal Series dogma.

McCoy with his "Are you out of your Vulcan mind??!!" and "Dammit, Jim! I'm a doctor, not a physicist!!!" were tried and true responses in times of panic. Chekov's sputtering over "w"s and "v"s was charming. "Ve are going to ze Wulcan home vorld..." :laf:

I agree with ivan; I hope they don't do another one. As for this flick, I deem it worthy.

Live long and propser... \\//