kevbone

AIG  

54 members have voted

1. 1. AIG

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i like the bill maher suggestion - select a choice few, crucify them in front of wall street, and leave them gibboted there w/ their cocks clipped and hanging from their mouth till they rot

kinda a "trading places" meets "spartacus" kinda thing?

Edited by ivan

Well I think KKK is the one with a big boner right now. He made a point! Although take a look at who was working hard to close that loophole, our own Sen Wyden. Dirty politics aside, they (AIG) might have been legally obligated to pay those bonuses no matter the public thinks. One of the key roles of government is to enforce contracts and uphold legal arguments even if the contact is dumb. All the more reason to let them file chapter 11, all of these contracts would be nill.

Obama Accepted AIG Cash for Campaign

With all the outrage coming from the White House over bonuses paid to executives at the troubled AIG Insurance group, the White House might be a bit embarrassed to admit that as a Senator, President Obama took plenty of money from AIG in the form of campaign contributions. According to OpenSecrets.org, Senator Obama was the second largest recipient of campaign dollars from AIG at $101,332. Only Connecticut Senator Chris Dodd (D-CT), Only Connecticut Senator Chris Dodd (D-CT), who, it turns out, is responsible for the loop hole that allowed the bonuses to be paid to AIG executives

http://news.aol.com/political-machine/2009/03/19/obama-accepted-aig-cash-for-campaign/

so?

Sen. Dodd Admits Adding Bonus Provision to Stimulus Package

Sen. Chris Dodd says Treasury forced him to add language to the stimulus bill last month that specifically excluded executive bonuses included in contracts signed before the bill's passage.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first100days/2009/03/18/sen-dodd-admits-adding-bonus-provision-stimulus-package/

Edited by pink

what do I hear you say? You are running to become a US Senator to change EVERYTHING?

Oh wait. You just complain. Hey, so did I!

your messiah is a fraud

i feel sorry for all the poor bastards who actually believed in him.....