Pretty F'ing Baller...

jon

Now, I don't expect any of you to know who these people are in this picture, or what race this is, or what sport this is for that matter, but there is a guy in this picture who accomplished a pretty awesome thing today after experiencing a pretty tragic event in the last 6 months. He happens to post on this board otherwise I wouldn't waste your time with this. Nice work baller!

PIC10818328.jpg

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2009/mar09/tirreno09/index.php?id=/photos/2009/mar09/tirreno09/tirreno093/PIC10818328

Edited by jon

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really hard race in a tough sport! Good on him!

Looks liek he is doing well, best wishes that his father is as well.

"I’m kinda lucky because I only broke my collarbone. It could have been a lot worse," Farrar told VeloNews. "Hitting the deck at 60kph isn’t fun."

"Dr. Ed Farrar, a prominent Wenatchee orthopedic physician and father of professional bicyclist Tyler Farrar, sustained a "serious spine injury" in a bicycling accident when a car hit him head-on. The 57-year-old physician has been an orthopedic surgeon at Wenatchee Orthopedics for 25 years."

• 2 years later...
Good job. Yeah, Cavendish is starting to be one of the faster sprinters out there...

Starting? No disrespect to Mister Farrar, but Cav has been at the top of the game for a few years now. Apparently his leadout went amiss today, but we haven't seen the last of him in TDF 2011.

Awesome performance today by Farrar, who is by all reports, quite a nice guy.