Obamas stimulus bill may crash the economy

billcoe

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm.

I believe I adequately addressed and refuted your statement of "racism/xenophobia routinely used to justify collateral damage" by referencing a conflict that took place 65-years ago when racism and xenophobia was, I believe, a much larger factor than today. A conflict where the loss of civilian human life took place in a staggeringly and relatively greater number; where those were of similar appearance.

In today's conflicts, our troops often and routinely make great sacrifices (certainly compared to past military conflicts) to limit/minimize the loss of civilian lives.

Reciprocally, I regard your response as an effort to obfuscate and as disingenuous. Lest it is simply a case of your need to have all things spelled out for you where unspoken associated elements are assumed.

Edited by Dechristo

i'm not certain i follow you DC - you think the US was less savage to jap populations than german ones? we firebombed the japs way more, plus threw 2 nukes on 'em - now granted, we woulda done the same if we could have to the germans, but the bottom line was there was no way we could have been more brutal w/ either population - racism really isn't so much the cause of wars, but as a lubricant for keeping the war going, once started.

We've created such a mess I just going to emigrate to Sweden. But apparently beer there is really expensive.

plus they're alphabet is realllly fucking strange :)

on the other hand, hots chicks, hot tubs and a lot more ice to climb

Climbing? Climbing you want Norway. Sweden = flat

i was figuring you wouldnt' wanna get too far from the chix/tubs, so could just ice-farm off the back of your harem-tower? :)

If for you, "look there were more collateral death during ww2 than during the Iraq war", is 'proof' that racism/xenophobia isn't widely used today to justify collateral damage, there is little I can do for you. I believe I have wasted enough time with this.

...the bottom line was there was no way we could have been more brutal w/ either population

...regardless of appearance.

I do not assert that racism and xenophobia are not absent from today's military conflicts - hell, it's in every culture around the planet. I do assert that collateral damage in loss of civilian lives due to these elements is reduced today, by and large, due to cognitive awareness of the factor not present in the past.

If for you, "look there were more collateral death during ww2 than during the Iraq war", is 'proof' that racism/xenophobia isn't widely used today to justify collateral damage, there is little I can do for you. I believe I have wasted enough time with this.

Is it not enough that the issue has the slightest evidence of reduction?

or, simply that its presence at all must be suffered?

Edited by Dechristo

We've created such a mess I just going to emigrate to Sweden. But apparently beer there is really expensive.

plus they're alphabet is realllly fucking strange :)

on the other hand, hots chicks, hot tubs and a lot more ice to climb

Climbing? Climbing you want Norway. Sweden = flat

i was figuring you wouldnt' wanna get too far from the chix/tubs, so could just ice-farm off the back of your harem-tower? :)

any of the nations of the blonde archipelago is fine by me :)...

I was working with a German yesterday, a former East German who, I understand, had to join the Communist party to get a job (I haven't fact checked this - anyone?). His tone would get flat and, uh, toneless as he described, tersely, how to do this particular task. When I didn't quite get some detail, he would get an annoyed look and repeat it again as if I were stupid. Really endeared me. I thought well there's one way to hate each other. I listened to another German the day before speak about how he hated the Netherlands, how the hotels and food were crappy. He was getting laid off from my Dutch parent company. Never again will he work for a Dutch company, he says.

I worked with a Vietnamese guy a while back and there were times he annoyed me as well, but we never came to bayonets and we talk whenever we see one another in the salt mine. I would think about how our dads were trying to kill one another at one time. Today I watched a Vietnamese family from the safety of my television make rice paper in the lush green fields of rural Vietnam and I thought how pretty it was there without all that napalm mucking about.

But the French, oh the fucking French, we can never ever forgive them for the dire betrayal and evil they have wrought upon us. Someday there will be a reckoning - a bake sale of Freedom.

And - well, I could go on. It's as if everyone outside America is so Un-American.

Just turn the Milgram dial up a little at a time, and 66 percent of us will do what the man told us to do.

Oh the economy - who can understand that without reading and quoting others who have degrees in it? So much funner to make ad hominem remarks.

It's so stimulating to hear all this concern about the future debt of the children of other people. After all, you can't pay for this bill with all the oil we'll get from invading and liberating the economy. Solar panels and bike trails? An oversized movie projector?