Most overrated bands

kevbone

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AC/DC.. always the same thing, guitar starts, drums do a very slightly modified rock-beat.. annoying singer starts screeching in a way too high voice.

shaddup kid. yer a different generation and ya ain't gonna get it.

Ya but all my CD's are from the 70's and 80's

DOesn't matter. You didn't live during the wastrel generation. Yer never gonna get it, no matter how much you bug the shit outta yer parents to let you in on it.

Obama deserves the same respect and support from his opponents as Bush's opponents showed him.

Seems even Bush's former friends haven't shown him much respect in the last year.

I'm sure whatever respect President Obama earns will be reflected in his approval ratings, same as W.

AC/DC.. always the same thing, guitar starts, drums do a very slightly modified rock-beat.. annoying singer starts screeching in a way too high voice.

I agree to a point. Singer Brian Johnson's voice is fingernails on a slateboard in the way that GNR's Axl Rose's voice is. But AC/DC sounded great on their 1978 album Powerage, when they were fronted by Bon Scott. Unfortunately, Scott died of alcohol poisoning in 1980, and they made the mistake of thinking they could replace him with Johnson. Wrong.

[video:youtube]_UaJ9UKM7kk

Rush. Geddy Lee croaking out "Fly by night!" Yuck. The other two guys in that band were pretty good. You'd think they'd have been able to find a decent singing bass player. The Police did.
nice troll. what about all of Rush's instrumentals where Geddy does not sing?

I said the other two guys were pretty good. But not good enough to overcome Geddy Lee's singing. He sings like a drunk munchkin on crack.

Rush. Geddy Lee croaking out "Fly by night!" Yuck. The other two guys in that band were pretty good. You'd think they'd have been able to find a decent singing bass player. The Police did.
nice troll. what about all of Rush's instrumentals where Geddy does not sing?

I said the other two guys were pretty good. But not good enough to overcome Geddy Lee's singing. He sings like a drunk munchkin on crack.

You said it... and I think it's about time the Stones retire to a home.

AC/DC have made a career out of doing a simple thing over and over. I saw Hells Belles, the all female AC/DC cover band, a few years ago and thought it was probably more enjoyable than the real thing would be. I mean, c'mon, you know the songs, there's never any doubt where the music is going, but Angus Young just wouldn't be all that cute stripped down to bra and panties.

I allways thought that music is art,so what you like or what i like dosn't matter to any one but us,there are artist who are under rated IMO,but if you have the balls to put it out,good or bad i say right on,and if some one dumps on you for your art so be it,i write and play music and some people say that sounds good who is it? My reply is nobody,its just some thing in my head!

BTW I've seen the Dead 4 times,and enjoyed them but only bought

one record,and have seen lots of bands and enjoyed their music and never owned their records.

Maybe some day i'll sell some songs,but i doubt i would do them my self,for me its just a hobdy and i'm not trying to be someone!

Edited by pc313