from an email...

RuMR

Hope the math is correct.

My calculator doesn't have that many decimals.

Subject: The Birk Economic Recovery Plan

Hi Pals

I'm against the $85,000,000,000.00 bailout of AIG.

Instead, I'm in favor of giving $85,000,000,000 to America in a "We Deserve It Dividend".

To make the math simple, let's assume there are 200,000,000 bonafide U.S. Citizens 18+.

Our population is about 301,000,000 +/- counting every man, woman and child. So 200,000,000 might be a fair stab at adults 18 and up..

So divide 200 million adults 18+ into $85 billon that equals $425,000.00.

My plan is to give $425,000 to every person 18+ as a "We Deserve It Dividend".

Of course, it would NOT be tax free.

So let's assume a tax rate of 30%.

Every individual 18+ has to pay $127,500.00 in taxes.

That sends $25,500,000,000 right back to Uncle Sam.

But it means that every adult 18+ has $297,500.00 in their pocket.

A husband and wife has $595,000.00.

What would you do with $297,500.00 to $595,000.00 in your family?

Pay off your mortgage - housing crisis solved.

Repay college loans - what a great boost to new grads

Put away money for college - it'll be there

Save in a bank - create money to loan to entrepreneurs.

Buy a new car - create jobs

Invest in the market - capital drives growth

Pay for your parent's medical insurance - health care improves

Enable Deadbeat Dads to come clean - or else

Remember this is for every adult U S Citizen 18+ including the folks who lost their jobs at Lehman Brothers and every other company that is cutting back. And of course, for those serving in our Armed Forces.

If we're going to re-distribute wealth let's really do it...instead of trickling out a puny $1000.00 ( "vote buy" ) economic incentive that is being proposed by one of our candidates for President.

If we're going to do an $85 billion bailout, let's bail out every adult U S Citizen 18+!

As for AIG - liquidate it. Sell off its parts.

Let American General go back to being American General. Sell off the real estate.

Let the private sector bargain hunters cut it up and clean it up.

Here's my rationale. We deserve it and AIG doesn't.

Sure it's a crazy idea that can "never work."

But can you imagine the Coast-To-Coast Block Party!

How do you spell Economic Boom?

I trust my fellow adult Americans to know how to use the $85 Billion "We Deserve It "Dividend" more than I do the geniuses at AIG or in Washington DC .

And remember, The Birk plan only really costs $59.5 Billion because $25.5 Billion is returned instantly in taxes to Uncle Sam.

Ahhh...I feel so much better getting that off my chest.

Kindest personal regards,

Birk

T. J. Birkenmeier, A Creative Guy & Citizen of the Republic

PS: Feel free to pass this along to your pals as it's either good for a laugh or a tear or a very sobering thought on how to best use $85 Billion!!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

unbelievable the intolerance of some people. so my beliefs and views are different from yours, therefore you must put me down and treat me poorly. one thing i learned in Sunday school is to treat everyone as i want them to treat me. i also learned in Sunday school, and public elementary school, that intolerance is a bad thing. i thought that was something everyone was taught

i'm sorry, i don't tolerate idiots very well...particularly when they vote and then i have to live with the consequences...

You bitch about intolerance? Well, explain to me how our government is being throttled with christian ideals...gay rights? where's the tolerance there?? Doesn't exist?

school prayer? WTF, what if i'm an atheist (which, i'm not)...Where's the tolerance there??

Women's right to choose? Where's the tolerance there?

Don't bitch to me about intolerance...bible thumpers are the most intolerant people i know...hell, given a chance they will LEGISLATE their fokkin' beliefs into law...

and you wouldn't? legislate your beliefs into law?

you take the intolerance of a few and put them on everyone who believes in God. That is intolerance.

i don't assume that all atheists, or unbelievers, or whatever are as rude, spiteful, and as full of hate as you seem to be. I have some good friends who are atheists who are not intolerant of any of my views. they let me know they disagree, i am fine with that. but only a few are as intolerant as you seem to be.

although i am sure the anonymity of the internet helps with that a bit. do you act like this in real life? my guess is not. i don't attack others for disagreeing with me, yet here i get attacked quite a bit because i believe something different, and have the gall to voice those beliefs. is that not what this country is founded on? the freedom to worship, to believe as we choose, without fear of persecution? when you see me try to force my beliefs on others, let me know. when you see me treat someone like crap, let me know. i voice my opinion, state why i believe it. i also will state why i don't believe in a particular subject.

you take the intolerance of a few and put them on everyone who believes in God. That is intolerance.

i don't assume that all atheists, or unbelievers, or whatever are as rude, spiteful, and as full of hate as you seem to be. I have some good friends who are atheists who are not intolerant of any of my views. they let me know they disagree, i am fine with that. but only a few are as intolerant as you seem to be.

although i am sure the anonymity of the internet helps with that a bit. do you act like this in real life? my guess is not. i don't attack others for disagreeing with me, yet here i get attacked quite a bit because i believe something different, and have the gall to voice those beliefs. is that not what this country is founded on? the freedom to worship, to believe as we choose, without fear of persecution? when you see me try to force my beliefs on others, let me know. when you see me treat someone like crap, let me know. i voice my opinion, state why i believe it. i also will state why i don't believe in a particular subject.

you seem hung up on the fact that i might be intolerant....Newsflash, I AM intolerant on this...I ADMIT IT...i don't want a christian-based, nor any other religion-based government ruling/dictating over me EVER...Is that clear enough??? SO yes, until this race is over, i'm gonna bash the hell out of people like you (I'm assuming you are voting Repugnican, if you aren't, I'll back off)....

This is spary! :kisss:

Also, the USA was established on a Constitutional right of freedom of choice.

My believes are already law; it's called the Constitution of the United States, and it includes a basic principled that separates Church and State. Give it a read, sometime.

And regarding the anonymity of Spray, I've got some secret news for you; many of us actually know each other, some in a Biblical cowboy homo kind of way, on this BB. We even (gasp) CLIMB together sometimes.

Your standard Christian playbook argument of labeling more choice as being 'intolerant' of your believes is utter bullshit, rhetorically and in practice. You're free to do or not do whatever you want. Don't want to marry a gay or have an abortion? Then don't. Wanna pray? Go ahead. Want your kids to have a religious education? Home school 'em or send them to the religious school of your choice.

Your legislative agenda, however, seeks to force your views on the rest of us, so that if we want to have an abortion or enter into a gay marriage, we can't. It also seeks to inject your religious teachings into public education; a blatant violation of the Constitution that, so far, has been shot down time after time in court. QUIT TRYING, for fuck's sake. Make no mistake, the Evangelical legislative agenda is theocratic totalitarianism, and it's un-American. It's proponents are the enemies of tolerance and American freedom.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

...Nor do I know why I must respect somebody merely for the fact of his or her belief, as if the attachment to a belief in and of itself and without regard either to its subject or its object, somehow bestows a state of grace. I don't quarrel with anybody's right to believe what ever he or she wishes to believe, but passion isn't a synonym for truth. Must I respect a woman who believes that oysters sing? Or the man who believes that his mother was married to a koala bear? If it's the intensity of emotion that I'm being asked to praise, presumably with adjectives like those affixed to expensive wines and precious jewels, then how can I fail to admire the richness of Adolph Hitler's feeling (authentic, fervent, deeply felt) for Polish Jews?---Lewis Lapham in Harper's, April 2006

again, not all who call themselves christians follow the biblical meaning of what we are supposed to be like. i have never voted for any kind of legislation that limits your right to choose. yes, i believe homosexuality is a sin, but then again i am a sinner also, so who am i to judge or speak out against it? i believe abortion is murder and a sin, i also believe the bible where Jesus says that "anyone who hates his brother (some translations say "calls his brother a fool") is guilty of murder"! Again, who am i to judge? Jesus did not force his beliefs on anyone, He wants us to choose him and to follow him on his own, not out of force! He said “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?”

Who am i to try to regulate others beliefs or actions? i will tell people what i believe and why till i die, but i will never try to force anyone, or ridicule anyone into believing as i do.

So please, do not lump me in with the evangelists you see on tv, or on the news. do not assume i hold the same beliefs or support in any way someone who is trying to force his/her beliefs on you or anyone else. ask me what i believe about a certain issue, and i will tell you. if you do not agree, that is your God given, constitutional right, and i will respect it!

Edited by godskid5

again, not all who call themselves christians follow the biblical meaning of what we are supposed to be like. i have never voted for any kind of legislation that limits your right to choose. yes, i believe homosexuality is a sin, but then again i am a sinner also, so who am i to judge or speak out against it? i believe abortion is murder and a sin, i also believe the bible where Jesus says that "anyone who hates his brother (some translations say "calls his brother a fool") is guilty of murder"! Again, who am i to judge? Jesus did not force his beliefs on anyone, He wants us to choose him and to follow him on his own, not out of force! He said “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?”

Who am i to try to regulate others beliefs or actions? i will tell people what i believe and why till i die, but i will never try to force anyone, or ridicule anyone into believing as i do.

So please, do not lump me in with the evangelists you see on tv, or on the news. do not assume i hold the same beliefs or support in any way someone who is trying to force his/her beliefs on you or anyone else. ask me what i believe about a certain issue, and i will tell you. if you do not agree, that is your God given, constitutional right, and i will respect it!

FWIW, one or more of the framers of the Constitution were Deists. Jefferson wrote, in the Declaration of Independence: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."