Importance of Experience?

ivan

so clearly the republicunts are making the majority of their case against the big O based on this lack of executive experience thang - so, to engage in group think, what historical examples can we think of decent executives who came to the job w/ no executive experience?

the first one that comes to my mind actually was a pretty good republicunt - abraham lincoln

who else?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most all of them were inexperienced at being president except in their 2nd term. Eisenhower was about the only one who had a meaningful military experience, running D-Day was a pretty big deal.Truman ran a hat shop (and was an operatave of a Kansas city boss). Nixon, JFK, Ford were politicians. Carter,Clinton and Reagan were governors. Bush 2 was a drunkard nerdowell son of a political family. Bush 1 CIA director and VP. All the present cantidates are politicians. The argument is a nonstarter.

The argument has been how much "executive" experience they have, not their experience as politicians.

I've been hearing a lot from the republican party about "executive experience."

Remind me, again, how much executive experience McCain has?

:lmao:

I'd totally agree that Eisenhower was the only president with real military experience that combine the military with managing an incredibly large project that had to be done ASAP. Teddy Roosevelt had military experience too, but not quite as large.

When Eisenhower left office he warned everybody about the military industrial complex.

Bush has done nothing but add to this complex and increase our debt. McCain wants to continue in that same tradition.

Well, unfortunately the good republicunts would definitely not be in today's republicunt party. The republican party of today is not the party of Abe Lincoln or Teddy Roosevelt. I'd be willing to bet the majority of Republicunts don't even know what basic principals their party is *supposed* to champion.