McCain's VP

Peter_Puget

Who will be our next VP  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be our next VP

Get to know Wasila, Alaska!

From Wikipedia:

Wasilla is part of the Anchorage, Alaska Metropolitan Statistical Area. As of the 2000 census, its population was 5,470. The 2005 estimate gives it a population of 8,471,[1] although the city website lists the population as 6,715.[2]

...About one third of the people of Wasilla commute to work into Anchorage every day.

...The racial makeup of the city was 85% White, 0.6% black or African American, 5% Native American, 1% Asian, 0.1% Pacific Islander, 1% from other races, and 6% from two or more races. 4% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.

Sounds as diverse as...Bellingham. Population 76,000 with 702 African Americans.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

funny that both the Democrat and the Republican VP choices have better credentials than Obama.

Credentials dont make a good leader. Obama is inspiring. Where McSame is .....well.....the same (as bush).

not quite.

Bush picked Cheney.

Wanna bet McCain's cabinet is quite a bit different from Rumsfeld, Ashcroft, et ali?

funny that both the Democrat and the Republican VP choices have better credentials than Obama.

Credentials dont make a good leader. Obama is inspiring. Where McSame is .....well.....the same (as bush).

not quite.

Bush picked Cheney.

Wanna bet McCain's cabinet is quite a bit different from Rumsfeld, Ashcroft, et ali?

Actually, I think Cheney picked Bush.

Regardless of what she "could" do based on experience that clearly lack an exposure to the world stage, she superficially represents everything McCain has attacked in Obama.

Presidential races have a LOT to do with superficial appearances.

I am still trying to figure out why they picked her. I am even wondering if this is a set up and the Republicans don't want the presidency. It will be fun to watch.

Well, the religious right seems in love with her. Both Ralph Reed and some guy at Liberty University praised her pro-life, christian credentials... McCain needs those people to come out and vote in November, and some on the religious right still distrust him due to his "maverick" nature. Palin will draw that core constituency to him.

Experience, ability, intelligence and talent. It's all in the mix. A shameless copy and paste on my part...

Honors student in international relations, JD and editor of Harvard Law Review, civil rights attorney, Constitutional Law lecturer, 8 years as a representative of over 200,000 people, crafting laws for a state of over 12 million. 3 years as a US Senator and member of the Foreign Relations Committee.

Syracuse-educated lawyer, Chairman of Senate Foreign Relations, former Chairman of Senate Judiciary. Massive record of legislative accomplishments.

#894 of 899 in his graduating class. Career of 10 combat missions and five crashed aircraft. Helped pass such great legislation as the Enron loophole.

B.A. in Journalism, focused on sports reporting. Sportscaster for a small TV station. Mayor of a town of 5,000. Governor of a state less than two years.

After the shock wears off, this might be what turns the election toward Obama for good. The repubs might just wake up tomorrow going "My god! What have we done?"

I wonder if Bush ever asks himself that in the morning after reading the newspaper...oh wait, dumb muthafucka can't read, can he??

Experience, ability, intelligence and talent. It's all in the mix. A shameless copy and paste on my part...

Honors student in international relations, JD and editor of Harvard Law Review, civil rights attorney, Constitutional Law lecturer, 8 years as a representative of over 200,000 people, crafting laws for a state of over 12 million. 3 years as a US Senator and member of the Foreign Relations Committee.

Syracuse-educated lawyer, Chairman of Senate Foreign Relations, former Chairman of Senate Judiciary. Massive record of legislative accomplishments.

#894 of 899 in his graduating class. Career of 10 combat missions and five crashed aircraft. Helped pass such great legislation as the Enron loophole.

B.A. in Journalism, focused on sports reporting. Sportscaster for a small TV station. Mayor of a town of 5,000. Governor of a state less than two years.

I'm pretty sure McCain has some other accomplishments, but seriously...who made the decision to pick Palin? People always talk about Rove still being in the thick of things.

When I think about the prospect of this woman being the president (with McCain being the 72 elderly gent and all), it really does bother me. All I hear in response to this question is that its about "character"..."character" that we have never heard of. she is really out of left field...it seems to me if you dressed a dead horse up that had her stance on issues, many would vote for the dead horse over Obam/Biden (of course this goes both ways).

I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything here. I would wager to guess that there are no "on the fence" voters here. i just think it is crazy that someone of Palin's experience could so easily be our next president, in a time we need someone who know can play in the world arena so badly.

i just think it is crazy that someone of Palin's experience could so easily be our next president, in a time we need someone who know can play in the world arena so badly.

Um, she has more experience than Obama...but less than Biden. Her record looks like that of a political reformer. Besides; she's from Alaska, runs marathons, likes guns and babies.

I think she has been in politics longer than Obama, but there is a big difference in actual experience between her and Obama (let alone her and Biden). You really can't count being involved in the PTA or mayor of a town of 5000 to the actual experience required to run the most powerful country in the world.

In the end, if all goes well, we would never call on her President and McCain would be there with his experience.

I just think it is a very bizarre and poor choice. I guess it does prove that there might be some "maverick" left in McCain (unless this is some ultra-calculated maneuver by Rove) ;)