Who will be our next VP  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be our next VP

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

or Colin Powell

Colin would have been my pick, but after leaving the Bush Admin, I think he has a bad taste in his mouth for Repubs for a while.

Sadly, I feel his chance has passed. He's only 7 months younger than McCain, but by the time the next election rolls around, he'll be considered by many to be too old to shepherd the nation (as will McCain). And that's too bad, because I really like Powell.

or Colin Powell
Colin would have been my pick, but after leaving the Bush Admin, I think he has a bad taste in his mouth for Repubs for a while.

Sadly, I feel his chance has passed. He's only 7 months younger than McCain, but by the time the next election rolls around, he'll be considered by many to be too old to shepherd the nation (as will McCain). And that's too bad, because I really like Powell.

Powell (Hearts) Obama Talk about Cabinet potential!

As I said, Colin has a bad taste left over from Bush.

I like competent, smart folks that are not drawn to power like moths to a flame. Powell fills the bill. Condi all but came out for Barak, so I expect she'll be out. Biden would be a great VP, and probably will be anyway......

So I'll go with that guy from Minnesota as the choice.

Colin Powell displaying whats left of his Self-Respect

Powell-anthrax-vial.jpg

I always wonder how he got duped into giving that vacuous presentation.....

I vote Pawlenty or a similar nobody.

Colin Powell will be the first Democratic African-American president.

Apparently, that honor may well go to Barack Obama:

"...For example, 55% of European Americans classify Senator Barack Obama as biracial when they are told that he has a white mother, while 66% of African Americans consider him black.[61] Obama describes himself as black[62] and African American, using both terms interchangeably,[63] and is generally considered to be African American.[64]..."

source

I assume by your statement above that you're relying upon the "biracial argument" to exclude him from being considered an African American, yes?

"...For example, 55% of European Americans classify Senator Barack Obama as biracial when they are told that he has a white mother, while 66% of African Americans consider him black.[61] Obama describes himself as black[62] and African American, using both terms interchangeably,[63] and is generally considered to be African American.[64]..."

source

I assume by your statement above that you're relying upon the "biracial argument" to exclude him from being considered an African American, yes?

I wasn't thinking of that at all. I don't think Obama will win.

source

I wasn't thinking of that at all. I don't think Obama will win.

Occam's Razor, Sobo, sheesh!

Besides, everyone knows that Bill Clinton was our first black president.