n00b Alert 4/19 & 20 - 11Worth

fenderfour

The Boealps basic class will be in the Icicle Creek area this weekend. Planned destinations are:

Playground Point (upper and lower)

Madsen's Dome

Clamshell Cave

Mountaineers Dome

Arnica Glenn

Barney's Rubble

I'm not looking for spray, I just wanted to warn you that we will be out there getting in your way.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We do a little more than that. This weekend we're covering rappelling past a knot and escaping the belay along with some anchor building.

your autosig is the mantra of the boealps/mounties!

Thats just mean.... :tdown:

Groups that teach new climbers good safety skills so that they can progress their skill and do more complex and difficult climbs are great. I learned most of what what I know from watching and climbing with experienced climbers but I never would have minded taking some more courses when I was starting out. Thanks for being thoughful enough give a heads up fenderfour :tup:

you know...what pisses me off is they basically "reserve" in advance an entire fucking cliff...not that i care about those particular piles, but fuck...its a public resource...i've seen them literally squeeze out folks who actually were there first...

fuckin' horseshit if you ask me...

you know...what pisses me off is they basically "reserve" in advance an entire fucking cliff...not that i care about those particular piles, but fuck...its a public resource...i've seen them literally squeeze out folks who actually were there first...

If you want to toprope the 5.6 lieback at Barney's Rubble, I will be sure to let you in.

I like areas like Harrison for that reason, as groups of less experienced people show up you can hike a couple minutes to the upper levels and try the more difficult climbs and it wont be crowded. But if the spot that they show up to has too many people for everybody to climb than they should go somewhere else or reserve a climbing gym.

B_SLABS6.JPG

1. how many times has this exact same image been posted?

2. at least the folks photographed are getting out. The dude looks like he's at least a sextagenarian. Kudos to him.

Many Americans are overweight, inactive, apathetic couch potatoes, who don't give much thought to the outdoors. If some beginners need to take a class to get off their butts and do something, and combine that with some "green bonding", so fucking what.