McCain in the Mideast

prole

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I were to make a prediction about the election (always a fool's game), I'd say that Obama will win in a landslide. The war is too unpopular, fiscal conservatives are too pissed off, the GOP is too fragmented, the economy is too troubled, McCain is too volatile and status quo, and Obama is too calming and respectable for it to go any other way.

How about a prediction concerning who gets the nomination?

If Hillary gets the nomination, she will be crushed in the general election - not because of her being a weak candidate, but because of the split in the Democratic side. I think there is a chance this could happen if the delegate count is still very close going into the convention.

If Hillary gets the nomination, she will be crushed in the general election - not because of her being a weak candidate, but because of the split in the Democratic side. I think there is a chance this could happen if the delegate count is still very close going into the convention.

Dumb question here...

Do you mean to say that if Clinton gets the nomination that she wouldn't win b/c some Dems would vote for McCain rather than her? Or is it due to the delegate count? I don't know the process as well as I should, so I don't know if delegate counts change, get transferred, or what.

Dumb question here...

Do you mean to say that if Clinton gets the nomination that she wouldn't win b/c some Dems would vote for McCain rather than her? Or is it due to the delegate count? I don't know the process as well as I should, so I don't know if delegate counts change, get transferred, or what.

People are motivated by Obama. They are putting their hearts and souls and emotions into his campaign. If he somehow loses - especially if he has a majority of delegates and/or popular vote, but Hillary seals the deal via "superdelegates" or some other nefarious scenario, I think it will piss off enough people to cause low voter turnout on the D side. And yes, some independents will go to McCain rather than Billary.

This is all Spray-Speculation of course.

Dumb question here...

People are motivated by Obama. They are putting their hearts and souls and emotions into his campaign. If he somehow loses - especially if he has a majority of delegates and/or popular vote, but Hillary seals the deal via "superdelegates" or some other nefarious scenario, I think it will piss off enough people to cause low voter turnout on the D side. And yes, some independents will go to McCain rather than Billary.

This is all Spray-Speculation of course.

I think it is great that people are motivated by Obama. And I hope that no matter how the election turns out, Obama served as a catalyst and not as the sole motivation. I would hope that once someone becomes active politically (in whatever way they chose to--help campaigns, vote, volunteer, etc) that they continue to act. If that is true, then those who supported Obama would probably still vote. And I would think that they would probably still vote Democrat. It will be interesting to watch and find out what happens...

Given the current state of affairs, no matter who is the Dem candidate, they will win. McCain will come off like a sweet grandfather, but not too bright. If it's Obama - it will be a landslide.

Interested in a friendly wager?

That McCain will lose either way? Yep. Dinner and beer at a local brew pub.

This message brought to you by Vagisil. Vagisil: it's for cunts. Cunts like you.

:lmao:

i had no idea how dwarfish mccain was till my little brother sent me this picture of him hanging out in the vip-bunny-lounge in mosul this week. message: if my brother's liking him, wave off! wave off! in this pic it looks like the boy might well be shoving a thumb up mccain's pooper :P

me_and_mccain.JPG

Given the current state of affairs, no matter who is the Dem candidate, they will win. McCain will come off like a sweet grandfather, but not too bright. If it's Obama - it will be a landslide.

What happened, Jim? I thought the "world couldn't wait" for something as trivial as an election.

This message brought to you by Vagisil. Vagisil: it's for cunts. Cunts like you.

:lmao:

i had no idea how dwarfish mccain was till my little brother sent me this picture of him hanging out in the vip-bunny-lounge in mosul this week. message: if my brother's liking him, wave off! wave off! in this pic it looks like the boy might well be shoving a thumb up mccain's pooper :P

me_and_mccain.JPG

Little bro is a Captain. Impressive. :tup: Is that last name "Braithwaite" ...like the famous Linden Hills historian? :brew:

Here is a challenge, comrade porolee: I'm willing to bet my presence in Spray that he (McCain) will prevail in the general election against either Hillary or Obama...IF...you care to take the bet and agree to leave here (no reincarnated avatars!) if I'm right. The loser only has to take leave of the spray forum--and only for one full year, beginning two days post-election. (So I can hear you snivel) This generous wager is also open to Tvashtarketena and Crux if they agree in kind.

How about something even better? How about being a belay slave for either the other person for one day?

Linthwaite.

Damn, Eric--you guys look a lot alike.

it's the nose...and the complete disregard for all other lifeforms...

i got 2 inches on 'em though!

linthwaite's a town in central england - they got a pub n' a rugby team n' everything - no doubt so paternal ancestor was on the run and bullshitted his way through the door w/ it :)