$11 billion on presidential taxis

Hugh Conway

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Pentagon confirmed this month that the cost of the fleet of 28 new super-sophisticated helicopters has jumped from $6.1 billion when the contract was signed in 2005 to $11.2 billion today. Outfitted with cutting-edge communications equipment, antimissile defenses and hardened hulls, each of the VH-71 helicopters, to be dubbed Marine One whenever the president is onboard, will cost $400 million.

The Pentagon confirmed this month that the cost of the fleet of 28 new super-sophisticated helicopters has jumped from $6.1 billion when the contract was signed in 2005 to $11.2 billion today. Outfitted with cutting-edge communications equipment, antimissile defenses and hardened hulls, each of the VH-71 helicopters, to be dubbed Marine One whenever the president is onboard, will cost $400 million.

And how much does a newest fighter jet cost? I think $60million? If that is true, you could build 6 of them. I think 6 fighter jets would be more worth it.

Think about how $200 mil could be used for prosperity in America instead of war.

Shit! You could give each of the $300+ million Americans $.67 each! Wow!! :rolleyes:

Wow, such a pessimistic view!

I agree.

KKK what about using the money for alternative energy research? Or for stem cell research to save lives. Or to rebuild New Orleans. I was not talking about giving each American a part of it. I do not believe that to be a good use of this money.

about how $200 mil

KKK what about using the money for alternative energy research? Or for stem cell research to save lives. Or to rebuild New Orleans. I was not talking about giving each American a part of it. I do not believe that to be a good use of this money.

Well, gee, anyone making less than $75K individual or $150K filing jointly is about to get $1200 back plus up to $300 per child.

If you are so concerned about the issues above, feel free to donate your check... or lobby congress to rescind the stimulus and redirect the funds elsewhere.

If you are so concerned about the issues above, feel free to donate your check... or lobby congress to rescind the stimulus and redirect the funds elsewhere.

Despite the unfavorable exchange rate, I'm planning to redirect my check to stimulate the Canadian economy.

about how $200 mil

Well, gee, anyone making less than $75K individual or $150K filing jointly is about to get $1200 back plus up to $300 per child.

I believe you have completely missed my point. I was making an observation as to what one could do with 200 million dollars instead of buying a plane. I clearly see you would divide it up and spread it out, and as you pointed out it would not go far. I was thinking about (hypothetically) using it for a new renewable energy resource to try to steer the US away from fossil fuels. Of course the current administration of crooks would never stand for there cash cow to come crashing down.

[

I believe you have completely missed my point. I was making an observation as to what one could do with 200 million dollars instead of buying a plane. I clearly see you would divide it up and spread it out, and as you pointed out it would not go far. I was thinking about (hypothetically) using it for a new renewable energy resource to try to steer the US away from fossil fuels. Of course the current administration of crooks would never stand for there cash cow to come crashing down.

You miss the point.

If that $200 m. was not used to buy "a plane", I actually would advocate using the funds to pay down the national debt. :wave:

And I brought up the stimulus package because it highlights how trivial $200 mill is in the big scheme of things. The stimulus package is something like 3 orders of magnitude larger, and the Iraq Occupation is even more significant.