New service required by NPS and USFS

layton

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where does it say the NPS and USFS is requiring this? I couldn't find anything on it. If it's true it's absolutely stupid. Can you see all the boater's logging in to say they are going out on their boat for the day? Or the Day hikers just hitting up the trail head?

How about that mother daughter that were murdered last year. How is something like that supposed to make you "safe"? Seems like a stupid knee-jerk idea that will do nothing but give people a false sense of security.

Me, Ill stick with leaving my wife and friends our plans for when we do long off the beaten path trips.

Friends of mine were doing the Widowmaker Arete and left their car in the Grouse parking lot. Let's just say it took them a while and the police found the lonely car. Turns out the police, repeatedly called his cell (which was off), contacted his landlord and property manager to gain access to his house and searched for phone numbers of people to call and find out if everything was alright.

THEY're looking out for whether you like it or not.