New Female Posters

minx

WOE! wait wait wait... So you wear deoderant in public AND play in the woods. Ok can I call troll here? is it to late... I don't believe you on this one.

Unless... your really a goverment trained spy. thats the only way. Mk I'm callin a background check. are you Russian?

yeah, yeah - FO

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always climbed with my SO. Never had a problem. What's the fucking big deal?

Dunno. There's nobody I'd rather be in the mountains with. My spouse = my best friend = good times on trips.

If someone's having problems climbing with their SO, I suspect there are other problems unrelated to climbing.

I've always climbed with my SO. Never had a problem. What's the fucking big deal?

it shouldnt be a big deal nor should it be a big deal if they want to climb w/o them... some of us mountain men/women need space. for me, dating a climber has not worked to my advantage. small disclaimer :)

21 pages... does anyone do any productive work around here?

I didn't mean to imply I had a perfect marriage, or that our relationship skills are exceptional. But we stumble along. Both of our parents are still together, as were their parents so we sort of absorbed our relationship skills as we grew up.

Not to say we haven't had our share of screaming arguments, usually about how to spend our limited budget.

Whats cool about climbing with my SO though, is that even if we were steaming mad at each other, we both needed a partner that weekend.

I'd belay her up to Saber Ledge, and we'd be the only people up there. The birds were singing, the wind was gently blowing, the sun is shining, and here is this nubile woman sitting beside me with a big smile.

Petty arguments become irrelevant in that environment. Climbing with buddies is fun, but it just doesn't compare to climbing with a like minded SO.

Dunno. There's nobody I'd rather be in the mountains with. My spouse = my best friend = good times on trips.

If someone's having problems climbing with their SO, I suspect there are other problems unrelated to climbing.

Bingo. :nurd:

Like honesty.

But first, if you are a female posting on this site, you are disqualified. You heard me. You are now a "climber". You want to climb. You will climb. You will climb no matter what the SO does.

That takes you out of the "normal" category. You are now a "T-type". 98.7% of the rest of the female persuasion will have no freakin idea who you are, why your fingernails are short, nor what you do on weekends. Get over it. They will not. You are cooler. :wave:

So we have established that you are a minority and you are not one of the SO's being discussed in this thread so shut up with your phyco-babble. :poke:

If the girls I dated and "climbed" with in highschool, college and beyond would have been honest about the fact that they really wanted to lounge in the sun by a big rock, I would not be involved in this thread. :argue:

If I had one share of Microsoft stock for every time I carried a fucking rack and rope to a damn picnic, I would be in Patagonia right now.

:mad:

Thank you for listening.

I feel better.

:moondance:

Like honesty.

But first, if you are a female posting on this site, you are disqualified. You heard me. You are now a "climber". You want to climb. You will climb. You will climb no matter what the SO does.

That takes you out of the "normal" category. You are now a "T-type". 98.7% of the rest of the female persuasion will have no freakin idea who you are, why your fingernails are short, nor what you do on weekends. Get over it. They will not. You are cooler. :wave:

So we have established that you are a minority and you are not one of the SO's being discussed in this thread so shut up with your phyco-babble. :poke:

If the girls I dated and "climbed" with in highschool, college and beyond would have been honest about the fact that they really wanted to lounge in the sun by a big rock, I would not be involved in this thread. :argue:

If I had one share of Microsoft stock for every time I carried a fucking rack and rope to a damn picnic, I would be in Patagonia right now.

Thank you for listening.

I feel better.

*LOL*

Why would the rules be different for a male whose SO is the climber/non-climber and the female whose SO is the climber/non-climber? Just b/c I am a female doesn't mean I don't have the same issues as the guys on this site with the climbing gig? Or is it your assumption that every guy is just a natural climber and every chick is a natural lounger?

Like honesty.

Thank you for listening.

I feel better.

I don't know Bug at all, except for an extremely brief meeting at Rope-Up '05, but now I'm sure that I like him. :laf: +2 :tup: :tup:

Why would the rules be different for a male whose SO is the climber/non-climber and the female whose SO is the climber/non-climber? Just b/c I am a female doesn't mean I don't have the same issues as the guys on this site with the climbing gig? Or is it your assumption that every guy is just a natural climber and every chick is a natural lounger?

They're guidelines really.....

Same issues? Take pictures.

Of what? Some dude eating lunch while sitting on a rock. Oh wait, that could be good...

Relax b....

Just kidding.

Are you contending that there are just as high a percentage of girls who climb as guys? If you are, you are just plain out of touch. It is changing but there are still WAY more guys out there climbig than girls and aren't females 51% of the population?

Besides, as I stated, we are talking about climbers vs debutants.