P D X Mar 10-14

G-spotter

That's right y'all I'm going to be hanging out in PDX from March 10 to 14 at a conference.

What are the chances that if I brought a harness and shoes down I could find people to climb with?

Also where is the uber-hippest coffee place near the university? I have a soulpatch and like shade-grown fairtrade organic dark roasts from small nations no one has ever heard of.

Final question: where is the Lair? I have not seen Cobra Commander for several years. I'd kinda like to meet DFA too although I understand if the two of you can't appear in the same place at the same time.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is there climbable in March? Is Beacon open or closed.

Beacon is closed.

Madrone is closed.

Broughtons - Greasy basalt but excellent climbing

Ozone – blocky basalt, excellent climbing with a view

Carver – basalt, mostly likely will be wet, a lot of moss and a super great summer crag

Rocky Butte- more basalt right next to a busy freeway. This crag faces north so if its cool you will be too! I don’t like climbing there because of all the glass and punks that hang out on top drinking. Bill Coe is a good guide for this place.

Your best bet to get in dry climbing IMO is Broughtons or Ozone.

Best choice is Ozone.

*Pros: Not usually too crowded, sunny and warm, Kevbone will be there.

* Cons: Kevbone will be there. :grin: (I'm kidding, he's really a good addition to any group you go out there with Drew) Short routes.

However, if you are in a conference thing that sucks up most of your day, the freeways turn to shit so that you'll be slamming your hand on your steering wheel and screaming at the stalled cars as the sun dips below the horizon on the way to Ozone (traffic not as bad a Seattle, but near), so Rocky Butte is better despite being primarily toproping as you can get out and still get some nice crack laps for a good burn before darkness. Broughtons can be OK.

Maybe give a shout out post as it gets closer to the time, and let us know your what your time commitments are shaping up to be.

Ozone is the best place to climb assuming you can avoid rush hour traffic. My schedule is flexible during the weekday.

Best coffee shop (IMO) is *kinda* close to PSU.... Albina Press in North Portland, five minutes North of downtown. sip-sip :)

Ping-me for services. I give better belay than Bill C.

I'd climb with ya. I give good belay too, ask anyone, I'm a belay slut.

Bring your shoes and harness for sure Drew.

I'll vouch for Bill Dru... he is good people :moondance:

hey i can say that both ways as i have climbed with ya both and you are both good people :rawk:

Edited by Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer

where is the uber-hippest coffee place near the university? I have a soulpatch and like shade-grown fairtrade organic dark roasts from small nations no one has ever heard of.

espressomap.com

Just give him your home address. ;)

:laf:

Well... if he had asked where to find amazing coffee served by a sexy man then maybe :grlaf:;)