Wa State Caucus

olyclimber

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't you find it at least a little telling that while I would prefer to see Obama win the Dem nomination - despite the fact that he will be harder for my candidate (McCain) to defeat - little mary lou still thinks it would be more fun to play political games than have a real debate about issues in the general election. Her actions are those of a childish little bitch. As for morality - you continue to exhibit the classic signs of liberal arrogance in your self assessment. Although certainly more patronizing, you are no more moral than either I or KK.

Don't you find it at least a little telling that while I would prefer to see Obama win the Dem nomination - despite the fact that he will be harder for my candidate (McCain) to defeat - little mary lou still thinks it would be more fun to play political games than have a real debate about issues in the general election. Her actions are those of a childish little bitch. As for morality - you continue to exhibit the classic signs of liberal arrogance in you self assessment. Although certainly more patronizing, you are no more moral than either I or KK.

I would rather have the D candidate be someone I could live with as president - in the event he/she wins, than worry about "electability" or lack thereof. That would be a mature view on the other side's candidate. No surprise here that the ideolog assclowns are incapable of that line of thought w/r/t the R's.

Anyone who needs to sink that level of profanity in a fairly civil discussion like this one only shows their own character.

No one is attacking you two or calling names.

Political parties used to "nominate" their candidates in smoke-filled rooms. Now that average citizens are encouraged to participate you want to again corrupt the process? Your attempts to do so are what is profane.

Fairweather and KK: get a grip. I more or less agree with you - as I clearly indicated in my post - that Marylou is not doing the right thing here. Do you really want to argue about who is morally superior around here?

Nice try, Matt. Your admonishment of little mary lou was secondary and weak at best. Your point was to put onus back onto me--and those who share my valid political views. Try reigning in your own--on your own for once.

So Fairweather is calling someone a childish little bitch after he announces that he is going to go tattle on someone? Where I come from, the one that does the tattling is the little bitch. Fuck the two parties and fuck their gay-ass rules that tells me who I can or can't vote for.

So Fairweather is calling someone a childish little bitch after he announces that he is going to go tattle on someone? Where I come from, the one that does the tattling is the little bitch.

Clarification: he is going to tattle on me for doing something that is completely and 100% legal.

If it is such a goddamned anathema to have Democrats voting Republican in the primary, well the best way to accomplish that would be to get rid of the primary vote and get all their delegates through the caucus system like the Dems do.

good god man...grow the fuck up....FWIW i consider myself a libertarian...i will be voting for ron paul in the primary and prob LP in the general election

Good for you. You have every right to help select Ron Paul® in the primary based on your ideals, but what little mary-lou-who is talking about is something completely different. She's saying "now that 'we' have chosen our best candidate, let's go contaminate our opponent's selection process!" and then goes on to "proudly" proclaim her vote for Huckabee. I'm very surprised you're more concerned about my expressed indignation than her juvenile antics that poison the process for all.

Hillary because Obama cant beat McCain.

Wrong!!! So very very very wrong!!! It is this kind of lame-ass thinking that will keep us mired in the same kind of crap we've had for the last 8 years. Hillary's a whore just like her husband. Vote for Obama.

Clintons-BCD.jpg

Looks like Obama took Maine.

If Obama cleans up in the "Potomac Primary," and Hillary wins Texas and Ohio as she's projected to at this point, does that more or less guarantee that it's in the hands of the superdelegates?

Party Faithful, chime in at leisure...

Did somebody say Ron Paul?

Since at least 1978, Ron Paul has attached his name to a series of newsletters--Ron Paul's Freedom Report, Ron Paul Political Report, The Ron Paul Survival Report, and The Ron Paul Investment Letter--that frequently made outrageous statements:

"A Special Issue on Racial Terrorism" analyzes the Los Angeles riots of 1992: "Order was only restored in L.A. when it came time for the blacks to pick up their welfare checks three days after rioting began. ... What if the checks had never arrived? No doubt the blacks would have fully privatized the welfare state through continued looting. But they were paid off and the violence subsided."

An October 1990 edition of the Political Report ridicules black activists, led by Al Sharpton, for demonstrating at the Statue of Liberty in favor of renaming New York City after Martin Luther King. The newsletter suggests that "Welfaria," "Zooville," "Rapetown," "Dirtburg," and "Lazyopolis" would be better alternatives--and says, "Next time, hold that demonstration at a food stamp bureau or a crack house."

The June 1990 issue of the Political Report says: "I miss the closet. Homosexuals, not to speak of the rest of society, were far better off when social pressure forced them to hide their activities."

From the August 1990 issue of the Political Report: "Bring Back the Closet!"

A January 1994 edition of the Survival Report states that "gays in San Francisco do not obey the dictates of good sense," adding: "[T]hese men don't really see a reason to live past their fifties. They are not married, they have no children, and their lives are centered on new sexual partners." Also, "they enjoy the attention and pity that comes with being sick."

In an undated solicitation letter for The Ron Paul Investment Letter and the Ron Paul Political Report, Paul writes: "I've been told not to talk, but these stooges don't scare me. Threats or no threats, I've laid bare the coming race war in our big cities. The federal-homosexual cover-up on AIDS (my training as a physician helps me see through this one.) The Bohemian Grove--perverted, pagan playground of the powerful. Skull & Bones: the demonic fraternity that includes George Bush and leftist Senator John Kerry, Congress's Mr. New Money. The Israeli lobby, which plays Congress like a cheap harmonica."

More fun at The New Republic

Looks like Obama took Maine.

If Obama cleans up in the "Potomac Primary," and Hillary wins Texas and Ohio as she's projected to at this point, does that more or less guarantee that it's in the hands of the superdelegates?

Party Faithful, chime in at leisure...

i don't know that hillary is a lock in those states...things seem to be a bit fluid right now, who knows. true the demographic favors hillary, but momentum seems to be a factor at this point.

My dad emailed me (he is a real moderate, votes both ways regularly) that he'd rather vote for Bush again than vote for Obama. I have not had a chance to talk to him about it yet, but what exactly is the mortal flaw with Obama besides being a little young and fairly new to national politics?