Super Tuesday

olyclimber

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seahawks, I see that you are criticizing the political beliefs of others. I feel that is disrespectful. I'm concerned that there is a growing problem, and I'd like to help you. Are you willing to receive open and honest feedback?

I see that you are criticizing me. Do you need help???

:lmao: Honesty. here. :lmao:

Let's take this offline and touch base. I'm confident that we can resolve this issue though a one-on-one interface. Let's get it on the front-burner so we can create synergies.

I would like to see you fully empowered and engaged, so let's sit down and peel the onion until we reach consensus.

Interesting bit about McCain:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural-born_citizen

Three major candidates have sought the Presidency who were born outside the United States: Barry Goldwater (ran in 1964) was born in Arizona while it was still a U.S. territory, George Romney (ran in 1968) was born in Mexico to U.S. parents, and John McCain (ran in 2000 and runs in 2008) was born in the Panama Canal Zone to U.S. parents. Barry Goldwater's case among these three is unique in that although Arizona was not a state, it was a fully incorporated territory of the United States, making it debatable whether or not he was born "outside" the United States. The Panama Canal Zone was under United States sovereignty between 1903 and 1979.[7] None of these candidates was elected, so it has never been fully addressed whether children born to Americans overseas are "natural-born citizens" and thus eligible for the Presidency. However, McCain is currently seeking the 2008 Republican nomination for President.

Getting back to the topic on hand. Does Washington count for anything today? Being unfamiliar with this process, do I have to attend a caucus tonight or just drop off my absentee ballot?

No, Washington's primary is on Sat 2/9 and the Election (when absentees are due) is Tuesday 2/19. Anyone of either party can vote for anyone of either party.

Getting back to the topic on hand. Does Washington count for anything today? Being unfamiliar with this process, do I have to attend a caucus tonight or just drop off my absentee ballot?

No, Washington's primary is on Sat 2/9 and the Election (when absentees are due) is Tuesday 2/19. Anyone of either party can vote for anyone of either party.

don't you just love our political system where the few get to decide for the many?

I wrote in Colin Powell as I refuse to choose the worst of two evils this early in the process.