The sad f#$%ing truth

Peter_Puget

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the thought crossed my mind over there...but then i said to myself "HA! This is Europe, the land of the Wuss...so sayeth Bug...Thou can'st get hurt here" and so i went for the proud send!!!!

Acutally, the biggest fall i've seen or caught happened there...if'n that bolt broke it would've been very bad...

:ass:

You need a vacation Rudy.

Dawg, I actually agree with some of the points you have made in this thread and even the post immediately above but why do you have to go out of your way to try to find an argument? You complain that I lecture you on your style but you have attacked me for mine dozens of times over the years here and you are complaining about my style or my message here.

I was explaining the "style" issue to Porter. It's true...you don't like mine and I don't like yours.

In this very thread I've commended you and your pal Pope for making some good points and stated that these are in fact important issues yet you include some taunting or complaining note about how I should be happy to see you ineffective because we disagree on everything?

Not complaining. Just stating an opinion.

You are welcome to agree with us or not as you see fit.

We've said nice things about you before. (Remember the whole "Alpine Buddy of the Week" fiasco?)

And as to your last point about hoping that "the man" reads this stuff and discovers that there is a controversy between climbers? I don't get it and, furthermore, I think it rather arrogant that you would think that a controversy that by your own admission is one that most climbers don't even know is a controversy is a reason why climbing areas should be shut down. Why is it Dawg's way or the highway?.

Interesting comments coming from one of the most arrogant individuals I have ever met in 35 years of climbing. Let me explain it to you:

I'm expressing one end of the spectrum...the other end of which are a whole lot of people doing things to our public resources that in my opinion are utterly unacceptable. Let the ideas on all ends and in between be expressed and debated from all angles and if there is ultimately some acceptable middle ground, so be it, otherwise the competition for ideas and action will continue. If climbers are aware of the controversy, and ignore its implications, and an area get's shut down, then they had a chance. If they aren't aware, perhaps they'll ask the question why. If you can somehow convince the public and the majority of climbers that you've got the answers to the dilemmas, then put it out there, because I haven't seen much more than a bunch of excuses from most people.

Furthermore, it's not just "Dawg's way"...there are a lot of us who have been fed up with the way many "climbers" behave for a long time. It's a competition of ideas...isn't that what "democracy" is all about?

I’ve met many people who have no idea that there is any sort of controversy about bolts, access, etc.

Really, are they climbers?

As I’ve stated in other places, I’m convinced that most new climbers have little if any environmental awareness of their practices

Yes, please, let's re-hash the same tired argument over and over and over with the same principals...

There’s a whole lot of other “redundant” stuff going on in this site including loads of important and fascinating comments such as “ I think we should be talking about poo”….now that’s clownish.

How is talking about poo redundant? No two poos are the same.

We expect our opinions to be drug through the dirt because they are unpopular and uncomfortable and the implications are threatening to a lot of folk’s favorite hobby and sense of fun.

Don't take yourself so fucking seriously.

Does it work?..maybe not for everyone, but I’ve been told that I’ve changed the mind of quite a few, if not at least made them aware of the controversies.

Inflated sense of self importance.

how their personal hobby might be perceived by outsiders.

I don't care how they perceive it, I climb for me.

and eliminate the pages and pages of one line irrelevant “banter”.

There is more substance in the one line banter than in all of the drivel you're ever posted to this site. You don't need to write paragraph after paragraph to make a point.

Stop taking yourself so seriously and try to enjoy life a little.

As usual, you've contributed nothing of substance. Sit down.

Or we could hold you down and super-glue a bolt in your anus.

:)

you could try...but i'd fill you full of 1/2-ers so fast that even lightening quickdraw reflexes wouldn't save your sorry trad ass...

now, go scramble up some vertical, moss choked, slug infested nature hike of a climb...

Holy fucking shit: I just realized that Don hasn't respinded to me as he hasn't read a word I've written cause he really must have me on "Ignore" ha ha! :lmao:

Hey, can somebody copy my earlier Teddy Kazinsky manifesto that starts out "ONE MORE THING" so that Don can read it and not stay so totally ignorant?

OMG, toooooo fuunnnny! It's like when a lil' kid puts his fingers in is ears so as to not have to listen to an older, smarter brother! Ha ha! OMFG! Ignorance is bliss they say Donny! :lmao:

Dude, you're like so smart AND so dumb its truly painful to watch! H ha ha ha! ROTFLM big AF!

you could try...but i'd fill you full of 1/2-ers so fast that even lightening quickdraw reflexes wouldn't save your sorry trad ass...

now, go scramble up some vertical, moss choked, slug infested nature hike of a climb...

how would you breath when he plugs your anus?

I'm guessing you can't move your feeble pinkies past the range of a keyboard right now. That's all you've been doing for weeks,..or is it months.

Don't worry, I'll rope gun you up a mossy 5.7 when you get out.

Holy f*&king sh*t: I just realized that Don hasn't respinded to me as he hasn't read a word I've written cause he really must have me on "Ignore" ha ha! :lmao:

Hey, can somebody copy my earlier Teddy Kazinsky manifesto that starts out "ONE MORE THING" so that Don can read it and not stay so totally ignorant?

OMG, toooooo fuunnnny! It's like when a lil' kid puts his fingers in is ears so as to not have to listen to an older, smarter brother! Ha ha! OMFG! Ignorance is bliss they say Donny! :lmao:

Dude, you're like so smart AND so dumb its truly painful to watch! H ha ha ha! ROTFLM big AF!

Dude...you're like very needy. I read your thing,

but last we heard from you was this:

We're done with the important stuff now? I can go?

OK, Cya

Sounds like you weren't interested anymore. If you want me to comment on your new area with the top-ropes, than I can say, "well-written and thoughtfully presented" and we need more of that philosophy. In fact, take that philosophy to places like Vantage, set up some top-rope anchors on the cliff-tops (as a compromise) and you'd eliminate a couple of tons of unnecessary metallic garbage from the rock.

Are you done "ROTFLY big AF? Take your time, because with responses like that, I doubt you will hear from me. That ain't a promise to the rest of you...yet...but even I'm getting sick of the foul-mouthed morons on this site.

Ha ha, Don, unbelievable how you crashed a thread about how f*ed up and boring the climbing scene was around here, basically elimanted climbing from the discussion, harshed everyones buzz as you slammed them all, and with your presence and words alone fulfilled and proved the original point!

And you want an entire thread to continue to do this very thing? NO F*ing WAY! Ha ha ha . Why not just sit there and slap yourself upside the head with a hammer "Mr. Donny Downer Dude".

:lmao:

OMG! I'm ROTFLMAO again! It's almost painfully funny in a strange satirical manner. :grin:

Donny, seek help dude. Seek help!

ps, I started rap bolting a new 300+' overhanging line Sat which I think I'll name in your honor. Then I got in 600' on Sunday at a 2nd locations and then put an anchor into a new route at a 3rd location that was done earlier all gear and I'm still sore today.

Do you even leave your house anymore? Dude, get out of your house, turn off the news, and enjoy the glad tidings of the outdoors son!

but even I'm getting sick of the foul-mouthed morons on this site.

Feel free to exercise your right to leave and never come back. Maybe you should harness the power of capitalism and start your own message board dedicated solely to proselytizing your climbing "ethics." This would be far more desirable than having you hijack threads in order to spray your well-known, oft-repeated views. You complain about the "one-line banter" interspersed with your "serious discussion" about ethics, yet you were the interloper in this thread. This was a thread that had long-ago degenerated into one-line banter - a welcome diversion for some of us to escape some of the daily drudgery of work. So I repeat my earlier advice: stop taking yourself so seriously and try to enjoy life a little.

Climbing is Anarchy.