who killed archenemy?

minx

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not the drink, it's the weight! A bottle of wine weighs too much to hump up an alpine approach/climb and I never feel good enough to truly enjoy it in that environment. Not to mention that every time I bring tasty chocolate climbing it either melts or I forget about it :(

Now for a little in bounds skiing!!! Weight's not an issue and the truffles stay cold :moondance: Besides, falling hurts less when your a little tipsy! It's all about the boneless jellyfish impact with the ground.

It's not the drink, it's the weight! A bottle of wine weighs too much to hump up an alpine approach/climb and I never feel good enough to truly enjoy it in that environment. Not to mention that every time I bring tasty chocolate climbing it either melts or I forget about it :(

Now for a little in bounds skiing!!! Weight's not an issue and the truffles stay cold :moondance: Besides, falling hurts less when your a little tipsy! It's all about the boneless jellyfish impact with the ground.

Who said anything about schleppin' the bottle along? Put the tasty beverage in a dromedary bag. Or buy the Tefft Cellars boxed cab/merlot blend and pull the bag out of the box. As you drink it, the bag compresses. Voila! No extra volume wasted in the pack. Yeeesh, 'kirk, you really are an amateur. And I had such high hopes for you. :tsk: :tsk: :tsk: :rolleyes:

I have a plastic flask with a plastic shotglass top. It's pretty classy.

Who said anything about schleppin' the bottle along? Put the tasty beverage in a dromedary bag. Or buy the Tefft Cellars boxed cab/merlot blend and pull the bag out of the box. As you drink it, the bag compresses. Voila! No extra volume wasted in the pack. Yeeesh, 'kirk, you really are an amateur. And I had such high hopes for you. :tsk: :tsk: :tsk: :rolleyes:

I have a plastic flask with a plastic shotglass top. It's pretty classy.

plastic airplane bottles

lexan cup

Cabernet in a dromedary bag :tup: :tup:

bring dark chocolate truffles...

Yummy. I'd give alpine a go if that was the reward ;)

Every time... So what peaks did you have in mind? :grin:

I actually use one of these on less rigorous trips. It goes on all "car camp" trips.

Yes, I am a snob... :snif:

Sobo, you are a man after my own heart :kisss: Pick a peak a newbie has a chance at succeeding at. Tell me what I need. You pack the wine and chocolate. I'll bring my own glass ;)

• 4 months later...