Best Birthday present ever?

snugtop

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy Birthday, Snugtop!

Best present, hmm... Well, two years ago I was surprised with an iBookG4. That was pretty cool and I use it everyday.

I already know what I'm getting this year since it's just a couple of days away-a full day guided climb at Smith with me and my gym-climbing partner! I'm pretty excited about that :)

This year I got Chinese lessons at CU, and I convinced my hubby to go back to Vedauwoo this weekend to watch a University of Wyoming ariel dance performnce (trapeze/acrobatics + dance+ climbing = my kinda thing) and do a few climbs, then Sunday we are going to Nedfest to hear Sam Bush :):tup::brew:

The bad part of the day is that I have to suit up and go on an interview and act all serious, and professional yet enthusiastic without seeming desperate :tdown:

When I was 16 I got some Sportiva boots (Makalus), a rope, a helmet, and an Avocet altimeter watch. I was off and running...

That never ends well :P

Got to go to see the Joshua Redman Quartet play this year :tup: :tup: That's pretty high on the list.

one year i got packs for my dogs. now they can carry their own water. last year i got a new house. OK the bank and i got a new house but that was still pretty cool. another year i got a job. that was nice of them. i still think the year i got my first pony was the best.

When I was 7 I got Optimus Prime (the biggest, baddest transformer there is). I almost passed out.

I bought my 7-year old the anniversary edition of Optimus Prime (which is die-cast and beautiful just like the original) -- he spent the day saying "I love you dad!"

i still think the year i got my first pony was the best.

Oh, Minx. I'm so jealous. I used to ask for a pony every year for my birthday and Christmas, and when I got older a horse. Begged is probably a better description since much pleading and tears were involved until I finally realized it just wasn't going to happen.

When I was 7 I got Optimus Prime (the biggest, baddest transformer there is). I almost passed out.

I bought my 7-year old the anniversary edition of Optimus Prime (which is die-cast and beautiful just like the original) -- he spent the day saying "I love you dad!"

AWWW autobot purchases coming full circle, such a legacy!

I did this with that at-at starwars toy. I mean the fucker took 2 D batteries to power its awesomeness. how cool is THAT

That was dope, but it was my brother's. I got the exploding x-wing fighter.

I remember my father bought me that cobra blackbird jet one year, fuckin' badass!

In my day I had to pretend that my father's wire stripper was an alien robot.

I remember our crazy old boozer neighbor coming over and making me a lame ass airplane out of some discarded 2x4 ends from his carport project. He sunk his last 16 penny nail into the leading edge of the 'wing' as a machine gun. When I asked him "where's the other gun?", he replied "Oh, they made that way. It's a One Gunner."

At that moment, at age 4, I came to fully understand the definition of the word "moron".

Edited by tvashtarkatena