The Right Stuff

KaskadskyjKozak

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you ever read the great Tom Wolfe book which you used for the title of yer thread "The Right Stuff", instead of watching a stupid, piss poor yet incorrect PC, F*ed up, watered down version of the movie, I'm sure you will figure this shit out on your own.

Get the book. Read it twice. Question answered. In spades. Not kidding. You will get your question answered, learn about the roots of popular culture and what is really important. Basically, you get everything except a reach-around happy finish.

The book. Read twice. Good luck

Bill

If you ever read the great Tom Wolfe book which you used for the title of yer thread "The Right Stuff", instead of watching a stupid, piss poor yet incorrect PC, F*ed up, watered down version of the movie, I'm sure you will figure this shit out on your own.

LOL. Being a space geek, that's one of my fave books, and even the movie is one of my faves, having seen it dozens of times. I found it amusing when this story broke, and the CNN headline said something like "Astronauts Don't Show the Right Stuff". Made me chuckle, because actually, drinking extensively prior to flight (and at lots of other times), is EXACTLY in keeping with the tradition of The Right Stuff...

LOL. Being a space geek, that's one of my fave books, and even the movie is one of my faves, having seen it dozens of times. I found it amusing when this story broke, and the CNN headline said something like "Astronauts Don't Show the Right Stuff". Made me chuckle, because actually, drinking extensively prior to flight (and at lots of other times), is EXACTLY in keeping with the tradition of The Right Stuff...

Exactly! For me, the book is on the top 100 best of all time. The movie, to me, did not make that exact point Wolf was aiming at, in fact, it seems to show the reverse.

To anyone who likes to read, defiantly read the right stuff before you open the last Harry Potter book: my opinion anyway.