Erden is on the move!

wayne

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"On Monday, a kind fisherman named Roger Wishard approached my boat, and told me about his friend John Francis who had walked around the world with banjo in hand and without speaking a word the whole time. I did not have the chance to look up John's journey though I am sure it is a fine story."

What a nut case.....

Is this guy a climber?

Awesome. Best of luck to Erden on his row to Australia! :tup: :tup:

Holyyyy F*rikan sh*t........

(open mouth awe)

I can't even hardly speak.....this is the other side of imaginable.....

Damn......(more unspeakable open mouth awe) I flew to Oz, it's a damn long plane trip on a 747......Rowboat...

Godspeed Erden, Godspeed, best wishes and good luck!

If he finds the right current, he'll be swept there whether he wants to go there or not...just like the "Kon-Tiki" raft and the many drift voyages that followed. (The Kon-Tiki stopped in Polynesia, but there was another expedition that involved a small flotilla of similar rafts that made it all the way to Australia.) Of course, if he doesn't have a sail, it will take him longer, but at least he'll be able to row his boat through the "doldrums".

Kon_Tiki_md.jpg

Happy days on the "Kon-Tiki".

"On Monday, a kind fisherman named Roger Wishard approached my boat, and told me about his friend John Francis who had walked around the world with banjo in hand and without speaking a word the whole time. I did not have the chance to look up John's journey though I am sure it is a fine story."

What a nut case.....

Is this guy a climber?

Not a nut case or a climber, I don't think he actually walked around the world, although he has a unique life story. There was a good article on him in the Sierra Club rag a few months ago and some stuff on the web, well worth checking out.

Erden once told me a story about being out in the middle of the Atlantic with stars shining on both sides of the boat. This has had my mind captivated since. I have never spent much time on the water, and his adventure along with my mind’s vision of the stars has me wanting to set sail. Perhaps this should be in the pirates forum.

Here is wishing Erden a fantastic journey!

Eric

If he finds the right current, he'll be swept there whether he wants to go there or not...just like the "Kon-Tiki" raft and the many drift voyages that followed. (The Kon-Tiki stopped in Polynesia, but there was another expedition that involved a small flotilla of similar rafts that made it all the way to Australia.) Of course, if he doesn't have a sail, it will take him longer, but at least he'll be able to row his boat through the "doldrums".

Kon_Tiki_md.jpg

Happy days on the "Kon-Tiki".

That THOR HEYERDAHL was quite a guy.

Say... it sure would be cool to meet or talk to somebody who knew him. ;)