Man Tasered in MN for riding his bike from MSP

RogerJ

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Judge will go cops way everytime.

Huh? It happened in Minneapolis, which is more liberal than Seattle. Second of all, what happened is a question for the jury not a judge.

I just hope buddy gets a good lawyer.

True but he still going to need to prove it. If I was the Jury I be skepitical that he was looking for a payday.

If I was the Jury I be skepitical that he was looking for a payday.

That's slick. Just memorize that phrase and repeat it when necessary and you'll never have to serve jury duty.

Very true, but I don't think cops at airports go around looking for bike riders to taser for no reason, I could ask my friend that works the Port of Seattle if he has tasered anyone lately for no reason.

Unless he has witnesses or finds a copy of the video that was destroyed I say he is screwed. His word against a cop. Judge will go cops way everytime.

Not my experience.

I was thrown in jail and charged with three counts: Public Drunkeness, Resisting Arrest, and Public Disturbance. The arresting officer and I both stood before the judge and gave our testimonies. After which, I was found innocent of the first two charges (which I was actually quite guilty of: it took six cops to get me onto the hood of a cop car) and plead guilty to the third - I admitted to the judge that I'd told the cop to "go fuck yourself", which constituted Public Disturbance.

minneapolis cops are thugs. I got the beatdown from the city of lakes' finest when I was a skinny 16 year old kid, courtesy of not just one cop but a good half dozen. an excellent use of taxpayer dollars, as I was truly a menace.

no payday for me, though, not that I was looking for it. it would be nice to have a little trust fund action now though.

It's really a terrible shame what meth has done to Spanaway. Used to be such a nice place back in the good old days, when the heshers circling their BMX bikes in the 7-11 parking lots with their KISW painter hats with the safari flaps were staring vacantly into the distance after huffing the fumes wafting up from a plastic bag filled from some kind of random industrial sealant, as opposed to twitching and muttering to themselves between 5-hour Galaga sessions next to the Slurpee machines....

Winning Entry From the Spanaway Jr. High Art Show. Someone's got talent..

Nate_TweakerDiaries.jpg

Lets see, sure the cop is being a dick. Cop asked him to stand over there, he doesnt and continues to "discuss" it. Dude, little lesson for ya: just STFU and listen to the cop for a moment.

Then the guy says he decided to end the discussion by leaving, cops says stop and he doesn't.

Hmmmm, good thing it wasn't me cause I'd have tazzed him twice. Once on general prinipal and once as a lesson cause he sounded like he needed one.

I have little sympathy for the jackass. Or for the cop for that matter....I'd have tazzed him too.

Damn, I gotta get me one of them things.

Unless he has witnesses or finds a copy of the video that was destroyed I say he is screwed. His word against a cop. Judge will go cops way everytime.

Not my experience.

I was thrown in jail and charged with three counts: Public Drunkeness, Resisting Arrest, and Public Disturbance. The arresting officer and I both stood before the judge and gave our testimonies. After which, I was found innocent of the first two charges (which I was actually quite guilty of: it took six cops to get me onto the hood of a cop car) and plead guilty to the third - I admitted to the judge that I'd told the cop to "go fuck yourself", which constituted Public Disturbance.

which reminds me...

stopped at the border entering Canucklandia a couple of years ago, I was asked if I'd ever been arrested or convicted, at which time I'd totally forgotten about this episode. Of course, they checked on their magic-box-computer and I came up clean. I remembered the truth a few miles (I mean, kilometers) inside The Great White North.

Which left me to wonder, how far back do their records go?