Just awful

kevbone

Anyone hear about the 19 year old father who placed his 2 month old baby in a microwave in Texas last week? What an asshole. He is currently in jail. He stated he did it because he was stressed out. This person should not be able to ever raise a child again. Because I am now a dad……this has really hit home.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to stop reading spray.

This is unimaginable to me... I'm not a mother *yet* but could see myself walking around in constant paranoia, which kinda scares me. How do you manage these emotions as a new parent when you read something like this?

OMG! Maybe we should delete this thread?

Here's a question:

What is the point of thinking/reading/reporting/dwelling on "news" stories such as this? There is nothing that anyone can do about it (except the folks prosecuting this animal) so it's just a morbid story that fucks up our day and gets stuck in our head for a while.

Yuck.

What was the name of the Scottish writer who penned the treatise on eating infants?

"a modest proposal" by jonathon swift (of guiliver's travels fame). it was largely a satirical piece concerning the state of irish politics at the time.

What was the name of the Scottish writer who penned the treatise on eating infants?

"a modest proposal" by jonathon swift (of guiliver's travel's fame). it was largely a satirical piece concerning the state of irish politics at the time.

the more things change, the more they stay the same.

"a modest proposal" by jonathon swift (of guiliver's travels fame). it was largely a satirical piece concerning the state of irish politics at the time.

right, thanks

i have sympathy for the folks involved in these kinds of stories, which seem to appear pretty frequently. infants are fucking tough to handle for even normal people. some folks (and i think i'm part of this group) have an extraordinarily nasty reaction to the screaming and tension tiny babies are constantly emmiting - i think it produces something almost like temporary insanity, an irrational need to escape or destroy the source. i felt very humbled and depressed by my natural reactions to my infant children, scared at how hard it was to fight the instinct to hurt them. i had to learn to monitor myself, to realize when i was losing control, and then to just get the hell out of the room or the house, to put a safe distance between myself. this sort of thing isn't unique to humans either, folks who study primates have documented that male chimps often murder their own and others babies.

not to say for a second i condone what this numbnuts did, and obviously people who do sick shit like this have to be fried for it - i just feel sympathy - they might still have become good parents, if only they could have gotten through the initial shitty part, if only nature had gifted them w/ a more nurturing instinct...

edited to add - to be sure, happily, at around 12 months for both of my kids, the insanity just fell away - at the point infants become humans, w/ personalities - as they "grow on you" and as their demands become easier to comprehend and fulfill, the night turns to day

and i'm done w/ babies forever!

Edited by ivan

did he turn it on? seems like convenient storage for an annoying child

I know you are joking Minx…..you have children. I heard this on the radio driving home last night. Is it true??? Not sure.

This kid should have to go involuntary vasectomy, and never be able to see his little girl again. All of those of you on this thread making jokes are fucked……you must not have kids. I would be one of you making jokes…..but I recently became a father and hearing this atrocity makes me sick to my stomach.

no, come on seriously, this is better than my technique of locking the kid in the closet with a jar of peanut butter and a bottle of water while i'm gone. i just don't see what you people are so upset about?

was your kid allergic to p-nuts?

no, he's not canadian