Just awful

kevbone

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To clarify, I HAVE been terribly frustrated with my daughter and had the need to put her down. That's the difference between the people who are posting here and the scum who put his child in the microwave.

As in kill her or set her on the bed and walk away?

Dis her.

Oh!

i have sympathy for the folks involved in these kinds of stories, which seem to appear pretty frequently. infants are fucking tough to handle for even normal people. some folks (and i think i'm part of this group) have an extraordinarily nasty reaction to the screaming and tension tiny babies are constantly emmiting - i think it produces something almost like temporary insanity, an irrational need to escape or destroy the source. i felt very humbled and depressed by my natural reactions to my infant children, scared at how hard it was to fight the instinct to hurt them. i had to learn to monitor myself, to realize when i was losing control, and then to just get the hell out of the room or the house, to put a safe distance between myself. this sort of thing isn't unique to humans either, folks who study primates have documented that male chimps often murder their own and others babies.

not to say for a second i condone what this numbnuts did, and obviously people who do sick shit like this have to be fried for it - i just feel sympathy - they might still have become good parents, if only they could have gotten through the initial shitty part, if only nature had gifted them w/ a more nurturing instinct...

edited to add - to be sure, happily, at around 12 months for both of my kids, the insanity just fell away - at the point infants become humans, w/ personalities - as they "grow on you" and as their demands become easier to comprehend and fulfill, the night turns to day

and i'm done w/ babies forever!

thank you so much for you honesty. I suffered pretty sever postpartum depression after both my boys were born. I did not immediately bond with my children. I knew what i needed to do to care for them and i did those things, but i did not have those "feelings" that other mommies said they had. I had to put both boys down in a safe place and walk outside on more than one occasion. generally about once a day.

i read an article recently about a couple who were vegan who literally starved their 6 week old baby to death by feeding it soy milk and apple juice.they wanted to raise their baby with the same kind of food choices they were making. they are both in prison now.

even the best parents have angry moments, frustration, disconnectedness, and challenges. it is what you chose to do in those moments that tells the kind of person you are.

there are some people who should not be allowed to breed. it is the ones who can't tell the difference between what you wanna do in the heat of the moment and what the right thing to do is.

I am done with babies forever as well. all the other mommy's in my office think i am insain because i don't run down the hall to see the baby if there is one in the office.

glad i'm not the only mutant

we both seem to dig on our kids plenty now that they're older too

YEP!!! i dug them when they were little too, when they were asleep.

i jokingly tell people humans would make better marsupials, as our offspring are not all the way done when they are born. and that god made babies cute when they sleep so parents don't kill them.

there are some people who should not be allowed to breed. it is the ones who can't tell the difference between what you wanna do in the heat of the moment and what the right thing to do is.

That's how a lot of babies are made in this country.

That's how a lot of babies are made in this country.

that is true. and that proves my point ;)