• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
mythosgrl

Curling in BC?

Don't forget to buy a bottle of rye and some smokes at duty free..both essential acoutrements for the curling set.

I get the impression it's more of a sport from the flatter provinces 'cause they've got nowt else to do. For instance, this from the government of Sask website:

Curling — Official Sport of Saskatchewan

Curling has been played in what is now Saskatchewan since the 1880s. The predecessor of the Saskatchewan Curling Association was established in 1904, the year before Saskatchewan became a province. Curling is one of the most popular winter sports in the province, appealing to people of all ages and ethnic backgrounds, urban and rural, and involving thousands of volunteers. Curling rinks are the centre of activity in numerous small communities.

Curling: official sport of Saskatchewan

Saskatchewan has been home to some of the best curlers in the world, including winners of Canadian championships, world championships, the first women's world championships and the first Olympic gold medal in curling. In recognition of the significance of curling to Saskatchewan and the international contribution of Saskatchewan curlers to the sport, the Legislature adopted curling as the province's official sport in 2001 by an amendment to The Provincial Emblems and Honours Act. The status of official sport entitles the Saskatchewan Curling Association to use the provincial shield of arms on its emblems.

Don't knock it. I can't curl worth shit, but it's badass. Top curlers are like full-on Zen masters. If you've ever read the koan of the tea ceremony master and the samurai, you'll know where I'm coming from.

tvashtarkatena- i don't think there is going to be any curling because no one can give me any advice on where to curl in BC. :cry:

tvashtarkatena- i don't think there is going to be any curling because no one can give me any advice on where to curl in BC. :cry:

Canal Flats. I am not kidding. The entire town....!