Farmed Ice: grown in Washington!

lancegranite

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
I cannot give away what is not mine, sorry.

My intention was to generate excitment for farmed ice in the PNW.

Prehaps take this thread as the inspiration you need to create a comnunity ice park of your very own.

Please accept this photo of my father catching cutthroat as small compensation.

618587-trolling.JPG

Why would I want to farm Ice when I have one of the best palces in the nited states to climb ice in my backyard. I was just curious how it looked.

It would be really cool if they had some man made Ice climbing walls at maybe ski areas and stuff, kind of like an outside climbing gym. Not that it would take the place of actually getting your bum outside and finding real Ice but it would still be cool. Sometimes its just hard to get the few days needed to make a trip up to Lillooet. Farmed or manmade definately has its allure.

Then again with all this climate changing that seems to be happening Washington may never see Ice again like we used to see in the cold old days frown.gif

Nice pictures! And I've seen the outhouse flow water ice in the alps!

G-spotter is right, any attempts at decent farmed ice in this day and age in washington would literally have to be as high as camp muir on a volcano to be cold enough. As for the Mazama scene, Lillooet is closer as far as drive time for Seattleites in winter.