Good Times on the Tibetan Border

jordop

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having visited Tibet and experienced first hand how the Chinese military treats Tibetans, this sort of action is no surprise to me. I was in a group crossing from Tibet to Nepal that had a run-in with a couple of very arrogant and obnoxious Chinese border guards who decided they were going to pick on a Japanese girl in our party for no apparant reason other than that she was Japanese. They emptied her pack out, threw stuff around and generally got heavy with her until a very large, bearded Tasmanian guy got pissed off and faced the guards down. Myself and a Brit joined him and the guards just got up and walked away. Every time I get reminded of this incident, I still don't know how I stopped myself from strangling one of the little shits.

http://www.protv.ro/filme/exclusive-foot...grims.html#4265

this is the link to actual footage of soldiers killing civilians. on the same token pretty much evryone in n.america (yes you canadians too) is endorsing this by buying goods produced in china. money talks bullshit walks. same with visitors. you go there and spend the money over there- the same thing.

http://www.protv.ro/filme/exclusive-foot...grims.html#4265

this is the link to actual footage of soldiers killing civilians. on the same token pretty much evryone in n.america (yes you canadians too) is endorsing this by buying goods produced in china. money talks bullshit walks. same with visitors. you go there and spend the money over there- the same thing.

Not only are we up here in Canada buying their goods, we're(EGADS!!) having friendships with people from China, travelling to their great country, shopping in their stores and screwing all the fine-ass Chinese women we can get our hands on... with the hopes of creating a Sino-Canadian superhuman that will one day lay waste to the USA and install a hockey loving, french speaking, communist regime in the White House. Look on the bright side though.....you'll all have healthcare! Even if it's Chinese Moo-Shoo Medicine and you have to wait a year to see the doctor.

Backpack Maple Leafs will be issued by Canadian Post. wave.gif

Hah! was an imaginative mind you gots there avitripp. You should lick that toad again and see what your mind creates when you think of the persian gulf.

why is the chinese government so set on controling the mountainous country of Tibet? Is it cuz it realizes the financial gain it can have by charging all us westerners for climbing/treking???? Do they like the houses? Why? ??? I am serious here...W-H-Y-???

The population in China is the fastest growing in the world.

That's a load of bullshit. It is the largest, but nowhere near the fastest growing. Even India's growth rate has passed China's for the last decade and the total numbers of Indians will soon outnumber the Chinese.

The highest growth rates are in the Middle East. Half of the Iranian population is under 30 years old.

toad licking achieved...
good job. mushsmile.gif

So mr sobo says:

And we in the USo'A just passed 300 million this morning.

Unreal...was not that long ago 250 was the number to remember....exponential growth indeed.

sh!t that baby will probably be rich before it gets out of diapirs.

lucky bastard.

The Chinese government sees Tibet as wide open real estate.

Huh? They are expanding into Tibet as a means of conquering a "renegade" province. The Han Chinese view China as always having been theirs despite ideas of independence on the part of the misguided and backwards theocratic Tibetans. Not entirely dissimilar from their views of the Republic of China (Taiwan)

The Chinese government sees Tibet as wide open real estate.

Huh? They are expanding into Tibet as a means of conquering a "renegade" province. The Han Chinese view China as always having been theirs despite ideas of independence on the part of the misguided and backwards theocratic Tibetans. Not entirely dissimilar from their views of the Republic of China (Taiwan)

He's right, Han Chinese see Tibet as originally "theirs". A long time ago, China conquered Tibet. Sometime later the Tibetans gained independence (and sacked Xian, the capitol of China in the process). When China gained power again with Mao, they "took back" Tibet in 1959. The reason they see it as the "peaceful liberation of Tibet" is that Tibet had been under a theocratic government run by the Yellow Hat sect of Tibetan Buddhism headed by the Dalai Lama. At that time, China thought of all religion as being bad, especially when it is combined with government (think Taliban). So now that they are building roads, power grids and bringing economic growth to Tibet, they use this as propoganda to the rest of the Chinese to show that they are being a benevolent force rather than an oppressive occupier. The few Tibetans that are brave enough to go against the rule of the Chinese military are harshly dealt with because the Chinese Government fears an uprising. Followers of the Dalai Lama commonly try to get into or out of Tibet through Nepal or India, and they are seen as enemy forces. Therefore, the heavy handed nature of their military forces on the border of Nepal.

The amazing thing is that most Chinese people I have met don't see why the whole world is against their "liberating" Tibet. They think that propoganda is affecting world opinion and unfairly judging China for what they see as a peaceful take over of a backward nation that used to be theirs in the first place.

Just be aware that it is the Chinese government that is bad, not Chinese people. Sounds a lot like another country I know . . .