Smith Rock - Epic descent

MarkMcJizzy

AlpineK tells me that the smartest poster on CascadeClimbers was forced to bivy ten meters above the ground, on a descent from the top of Smith Rocks fearsome Cinnamon slab. That is incredible.

Please note, that the smartest poster on CascadeClimbers is not Mattp, AlpineK, Dru, or I.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, screw you Dru.

1) You are not the smartest poster.

I am the only poster who figured out how to score 165 on an online IQ test that maxed out at 140. That makes me the smartypantsest of the lot by more than 25 IQ points.

2) The
second
smartest poster was rapelling down Cin Slab, not walking. Due to the fact that they became lost atop the vast summit plateu.

Undoubtedly the second smartest poster knows how to spell rappelling and plateau. But perhaps not how to descend off Cin Slab. Incidentally if they were smarter they wouldn't have climbed CS anyways, unless they were trading a TR setup on CS for beer or sex later on. Did you see any beer bottles or sheep near the base? smileysex5.gif

We got off-route on the traverse pitch of Super Slab and climbed up Amphetamine Grip instead, which took much longer (5.7 R). We were a little too casual with how much daylight remained and left our headlamps in our packs and accidently forgot our second rap rope at the bottom. We heard there was a walkoff and thought it to be down, as opposed to up. We rapped down a loose chossy gully with no options for intermediate anchors, and the rope triggered rockfall.

And G-spotter, it was both.

Dru / RuMR, fuck off. When's the last time I've whined about my advisor or anything else on CC.com?

dude it's because you didn't post pictures of the cute girl and/or salacious stories. They'd have their hands too busy too post hahaha.gif