Liberty Bell

cs

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it depends on the cell phone. My buddy couldn't get a signal on top of Cutthroat just next door a couple years ago. I've been able to get a signal in absolutely middle of nowhere places as long as nothing (mountain, ridge, etc.) was in the way. I've been on Lib. Bell but didn't have my phone w/ me. You'll have to try it and find out.

As an addendum, I might add my cell phone took the big plunge off of Minuteman on the east side of Lib. Bell last weekend, and even if I could find it (I couldn't) I'm pretty sure it wouldn't work anymore. So if you drop your cell phone from the top of the Bell I'm pretty sure you won't be able to get a signal. You might be able to kill a passing touron, however. [Wazzup]

Cell phone calls have been made successfully from the top of Blue Lake Peak (just southwest of Liberty Bell in the Blue Lake Basin). Makes me think it might work from Liberty Bell, since the closest cell phone tower is in Twisp, I believe.

Just guessing, I think it depends on your cell phone service network.

I hate cell phones.

Steve