Party at parking lot for Punk Rock -11worth?

Jens

I'm looking for some feedback here:

So how cool would it be to have a huge cc party (possibly the fall ropeup) at the large dirt parking lot for punk rock? The one on the ridge crest high above midnight rock. It would be the ultiamte spot (or at least the best I can think of in the state). The huge dirt parking lot that is flat- Ample camping. White granite with routes 5 minutes from the party spot. No rangers, no public, nothin' we could have a huge fire in the middle of the dirt lot and be as loud as we wanted. Those with low clearance cars could leave their rigs at the valley bottom and shuttle up. Any thoughts anyone?

This memory may be a bit foggy but-An older climber told me of how once they hauled a keg to the top of the first pitch of godzilla at indexand had a fixed TR to get drinks.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking for some feedback here:

So how cool would it be to have a huge cc party (possibly the fall ropeup) at the large dirt parking lot for punk rock? The one on the ridge crest high above midnight rock. It would be the ultiamte spot (or at least the best I can think of in the state). The huge dirt parking lot that is flat- Ample camping. White granite with routes 5 minutes from the party spot. No rangers, no public, nothin' we could have a huge fire in the middle of the dirt lot and be as loud as we wanted. Those with low clearance cars could leave their rigs at the valley bottom and shuttle up. Any thoughts anyone?

This memory may be a bit foggy but-An older climber told me of how once they hauled a keg to the top of the first pitch of godzilla at indexand had a fixed TR to get drinks.

Let me get this straight... you want even more freedom than you guys had this past year at ropeup 2005? hellno3d.gif

Maybe you and Loren didn't learn you lesson... or perhaps you can't remember what it was. Maybe AlpineDave or Oly or the CWU crew can help you reconstruct the events... yellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gif

I can only imagine the debauchery punk rock holds hahaha.gifpitty.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.giffruit.gif

No rangers,

Rangers and cops do go up there

no public,

popular with MTB

we could have a huge fire in the middle of the dirt lot

untill the huge fire was investigated during fall fire season

and be as loud as we wanted.

Untill Larry shows up

Those with low clearance cars could leave their rigs at the valley bottom and shuttle up.

That sounds great, shuttling the assholes who have weanie ass cars

At first glance it sounds like a good idea, but remember, lots of people live around Leavenworth, and have had that idea in the past. They sometimes lock the road at night, and Larry knows about it. He has a long history of busting teen-agers, as well as climbers.

Assuming no burn ban, what laws or reg's would be violated by partying there?

Check yer sheep at the gate.

Senate OKs bestiality ban

The Associated Press

CC.comers accused of having sex with animals would face a felony charge under a measure approved Saturday by the Senate.

The bill passed on a 36-0 vote, with 13 lawmakers excused. It was prompted by a widely publicized Washington state case in which a man died of injuries suffered while having sex with a horse. The measure now goes to the House.

“It’s really a bill that will protect animals, who are innocent, by the fact that they can’t consent,” said Sen. Pam Roach, R-Auburn, the bill’s prime sponsor.

The measure would make bestiality a Class C felony, which is punishable by a maximum five years in prison and a $10,000 fine.

It is a cool spot but...

As of last Nov. the road sucks, doable in a truck, SUV, or probably a Sub but it still sucks.

Local kids do party up there frequently.

Not big enough for the masses.

No place to crap.

-There is a handful of 50'-85' routes on the "Pearly Gates like rock" a few hundred feet from the lot. A few good cracks, a couple face routes, and a top-rope or two.

- bigdrink.gif