David Graham completes the American trio

Mos_Chillin

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...and since when are actual numbers very impressive? I thought it was all about being hep and vague?

...dude yeah I climbed that and it was like heinous and ethereal and shit...

What ever happened to Refiners Fire?, did he or didn't Louie Anderson do the route?? Dammit, am I out of the loop or what?

I've never gotten up 5.13 no hangs or falls, let alone 5.14, where the holds are almost invisible. The strength to weight ratio on these folks like Caldwell, Sharma, Rodden, Keih...must be incredible.

Pretty impressive to me, but you're still OK ..........for a Llama.

The route starts with 11 moves at V12/13, goes directly, with no rests into a 15 move V11 section.... blah blah blah

Yeah, what's up with calling this "5.15" a V12/13, etc? Is this a highball boulder problem? Why is it called a route?

its called a "route" because its 80 feet long... rolleyes.gif

the V nomenclature is used to describe the difficulties of the moves themselves...not to imply the route is a boulder problem...duh

...the V nomenclature is used to describe the difficulties of the moves themselves...not to imply the route is a boulder problem...duh

I still don't get the mixing of grading. Why not just call them 14d 14c moves? Why go to the bouldering rating system. It's the first time I've ever seen that. You don't see routes on insert rock wall here rated with sections of V9 followed by 10 feet of V12 blah blada blah...