Men over X

archenemy

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd also be willing to postulate that if you were to disclose your identity, and that you are at least average looking, you'd never be short of a date again ever in your life.

All things being equal, and you can either choose between two completely identical versions of the same guy - one of whom is at least your height, and one is 5'4", you'd just as soon flip a coin as make the choice yourself?

Actually, Jay, most short guys, like most tall guys, want to date women shorter than themselves. Take a look at the personals sometime---you'll find a gazillion men in search of a "petite" woman and maybe one looking for a tall one. And that dude will be 6'5". Again, that's just the way it is.

And sure, all other things being equal, tall is nice, but all other things are never equal, so I don't worry about it.

Well, of course things are never equal, but when you limit your answers to real scenarios sort of defeats the purpose of the exercise. No fun! wink.gif

This has definitely been an interesting thread. As things stand, my wife makes a bit more than I do now, but in around three years she'll be making three or four times the maximum salary that I could reasonably hope to achieve unless I change careers. The paradoxical thing about my marriage is that while I'm confident that if my foremost goal in life was to be wealthy, I could have gone down the typical path that leads to a position as an equity analyst or in investment banking - but I'm equally confident that if aquiring acquiring wealth was the central focus of my life, my wife would not have been interested me. Not sure what would have happened if I said that I was persuing a GED and ringing-up McValue meals when we met...

When I was really short, the older ladies were way more into me than they seem to be now. I mean, they'd even let me rub their feet under the table and shit. If I tried that now when I'm tall, I'd get nail-filed. And at that time, I definitely preferred older taller women, so it worked out fine.

Definitely an exception to the "rules" you guys and gals are talking about.

My mom was pretty hip in her gogo boots and all, but I highly doubt she cavorted with cross-dressers (unless they were able to fool even her discerning eye).

Plus, even though I was short, I probably would have been able to tell the difference; men's feet under the table? Pretty yucky, and an image I'd rather not entertain....

My mom was pretty hip in her gogo boots and all, but I highly doubt she cavorted with cross-dressers (unless they were able to fool even her discerning eye).

Plus, even though I was short, I probably would have been able to tell the difference; men's feet under the table? Pretty yucky, and an image I'd rather not entertain....

What is your secret, human growth hormone, or platform shoes?

I broke up with a girl because she wasn't good enough at math

She didn't like to practice multiplication?

That reminds me of the joke about how Noah gathered all pairs of animals onto the Ark, and after the floods ended, he told all the animals to multiply. The two adder snakes said we can't multiply, only add, so Noah asked God what to do. God told Noah to chop down some trees and make a table for the adders. Noah did as told, built a log table, and the adders multiplied happily.