Liz Claiborne acquires Prana!

beer_factor

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

" ... prAna is a designer, marketer and wholesaler of climbing, yoga and outdoor / active lifestyle apparel and accessories ... "

Yoga apparel? Gee, that's a new one on me. And the purchase price of $34E6...that's impressive. Ain't prAna the outfit that makes them hemp chalk bags and alternative stretch jog bras that's popular with the unshaven boulder-hoppin' gurlz?

All joking aside, I really do love my prAna shorts. Fit is perfect. Granted... that really has nothing to do with them as a company. Just like the fact that OneSport/Montrail boots fit me like a glove - it's just luck that their lasts work perfect with my feet.

Mike's right - clothing is clothing and just that. But I think we all shake our heads when an private independent company decides to give up their autonomy to a publically traded company. On one hand, it's great to see the brains behind a startup company get financially compensated, but when in the history of little guys selling out to big guys have the consumers benefited?

Guess that's not the point though. No wonder I'm not a business owner. (At least for my primary income!)

-kurt

For those that know him, I think Ted Otto exemplified the style Mike refers to. Is Ted still around? I remember a fine outfit based around forest green polyester pants. Very quality!

Rumor has it that Humble Ted Awesome has moved to the eastside of the state and that religion has moved up a notch in his pantheon of hobbies. Drederek made a sighting awhile ago...

As far as independent companies being subsumed into a larger corporation, hey, it's not all bad. Look what it's done for A5 rolleyes.gif That said, Prana went down the fashion path long ago, and since most folks on this site are only concerned that they will still make snug little sport tops for sport climbing eye candy, there's not much to be worried about. Of course, they may expand to include the plus-size market...

For those that know him, I think Ted Otto exemplified the style Mike refers to. Is Ted still around? I remember a fine outfit based around forest green polyester pants. Very quality!

I remember that guy...what was his term for his visits to Vancouver, CA? "Hoooo-ring"? smileysex5.gif sumpin' like that...

way psycho dude... yelrotflmao.gif

ooooooooooooooooooo... mesh half shirts. I TOTALLY forgot about those. OK... I'm excited now.

JASPER2.JPG

A.S.A.S. Drops Wife Beater Tee Shirts for Mesh Half Shirts as Official Uniform

"Anybody can wear a white sleeveless T nowadays," explained Bubba. "But to wear a mesh half-shirt, well shoot, you gotta be one crazy-ass hick to wear one of them."

yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif