Favorite Lunch Spots?

selkirk

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever notice that fat stack of bacon they always have chillin on the side of the grill at Red Mill? Man would I love to tear into one of those stacks. Mmmmm bacon.

Not just bacon, but pepper bacon! Meanwhile, I'm getting strung out on the salad bar at Whole Foods, Bellevue. Top it with tuna, and don't forget the potstickers!

Whole Foods contributes a % back to the local community. Save all your receipts, at the end of the year compute your total spent at WF, compare it to the stores community contributions and determine your contribution to that percentage. Multiply it by the average % markup you pay for goods at WF compared to other markets and deduct the total as charitable contribution to the community on your taxes.

They are also extremely anti-union, and have successfully shot down grassroots union organizing drives at several of their stores. Pretty much every other grocery store in Seattle's unionized, so I go elsewhere. If I want fancy stuff that costs more than the sun, there's always Larry Market.

if you find yourself in Port Angeles and craving Indian food, there's this KILLER place right next to the ferry terminal. also a Thai restaurant right next to it.

cheeburga_ron.gif

easily as good as any Indian food I've had in Seattle, if not better.

just a block off of the 1-way westbound section of 101.