Favorite Lunch Spots?

selkirk

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive gotta throw in a vote for Gordito's off Greenwood on 80-85th-ish. They have a pic next to the register: on the left, a cute, cuddly, swaddled infant. On the right, the biggest fucking burrito you've ever seen. They're hard to tell apart in the pic, though. You have to look close.

The Cedars seems to be about the best for Indian food in Seattle. I like Taj Palace (best lunch buffet) but it's in Bellevue. A place called Kafe Neo is on Hwy 99 (Edmonds) is OK for really inexpensive Greek food. My favorite is Santorini Greek grill but it's in Kirkland. The souvlaki plate for about $10 can't be beat among any I've tried.

All that prepared food from most all those places is mostly poisoned processed institutionalized food. Even the fresh produce used is very suspect to me.

You can eat something different, delicious, organic and good for you everyday of the week at Whole Foods Market.

PCC too, but less variety and selection.

be good to yourselves.

You can custom make an amazing, if expensive sandwich at their sandwich bar that will knock your socks off, though... cheeburga_ron.gif

Oh they do have good food, and a good selection of beer/wine. You pay through the nose for it, and rarely do they sell things that aren't available elsewhere in the community.

sure, but your mind knows what you are doing to your body and it will feel abandoned and then when an army of free radicals is unleashed within your body to wreak havoc, your body will be cowering in the corner unwilling to fight because of the deep sense of abandonment you have instilled.

make a mutual defense pact.

healthy body, healthy mind, healthy body.

You can custom make an amazing, if expensive sandwich at their sandwich bar that will knock your socks off, though... cheeburga_ron.gif

Oh they do have good food, and a good selection of beer/wine. You pay through the nose for it, and rarely do they sell things that aren't available elsewhere in the community.

Whole Foods contributes a % back to the local community. Save all your receipts, at the end of the year compute your total spent at WF, compare it to the stores community contributions and determine your contribution to that percentage. Multiply it by the average % markup you pay for goods at WF compared to other markets and deduct the total as charitable contribution to the community on your taxes.

Organic accounting.

Whole Foods contributes a % back to the local community. Save all your receipts, at the end of the year compute your total spent at WF, compare it to the stores community contributions and determine your contribution to that percentage. Multiply it by the average % markup you pay for goods at WF compared to other markets and deduct the total as charitable contribution to the community on your taxes.

Organic accounting.

My advice, which I'll give to you all for free because I like you, is.....don't do that.

Bellingham: Banditos for the best burritos. Casa Que Pasa was good back when it opened, but it's pretty nasty now. Little Cheerful used to be good for lunch, but haven't gone there much lately.

Casa has gone down hill, but the potato burrito is still kick-ass. They also have a great tequila selection, or did the last time I was there.