So happy I want to share it

sobo

I don't know if these sorts of chestbeats are considered apropos on this board, but we just learned yesterday that we got our referral for our little daughter. We will be leaving for Wanzhou (Szechuan province) in early December, and should be home by Christmas.

Just wanted to share that, cuz now there's a bunch of folks on here that sorta know me and where I'm coming from with this news.

Is a picture too much over the top?

Also, is there any climbing in the Wanzhou area in December?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

505101-Elaina2.jpg

Wan Wen Xi, a.k.a. Elaina Joan Xi Soboleski (soon!)

Born: October 14, 2004 (picture from April, 2005)

knotzen say:

I'm afraid your midnight yelling days--er, nights--will soon be over.

Those nights have been over for quite a while now. Nicholas turned 3 in August. blush.gif

505101-Elaina2.jpg.7d9679af8d29c548d427f91bd75bd9cd.jpg

We've learned that the trip is pretty "scripted" for adoptive parents. Once you're in "the care" of the laison folks, you're kind of on a pre-arranged itinerary of tourist visits, official paperwork dealings, orphanage visits, and the like.

You travel with about a half-dozen other couples, and the Chinese don't want Westerners wandering off "the beaten path" and fomenting insurrection among the general population. So it's not gonna be at all like it was when we were in Vietnam (where we were alone) 3 years ago, but it's gonna be fun all the same. We're taking Nicholas and his godfather along with us, so mebbe the wife and I will be able to skedaddle off somewhere along the line... is there a Great Wall of China Club??? smileysex5.gif

I just want to say "Thank you" to all of you who wrote such kind sentiments and let this proud old fart spout off about his new kid.

You guys are a great bunch, I don't care WTF those poseurs over at ascensionist.com say about ya! yellaf.gif