Fuck Pres Bush....

whidbey

As bad as I feel about not being able to enter Canada any longer... I hope Bush can't sleep for a fuckin year for his stupid pet tricks. I hope the view from the plane window was ok mr bushie. I hope your estate tax credit goes through for all you campaign contributers.. an ps...while your at it throw a fuckin little change at the poo folk in the amount of 2K. Sucks to be other than white and rich sometimes in America.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A dui in Canada is considered a Felony... I did do a stupid but it seems a little over the top...

Friend of mine's husband got killed by a DUI driver, so I'd suggest you take it as a serious lesson and not write it off as merely "stupid."

This happened years ago, and I never met him, so it's not some personal trauma. It is a notch closer to home than a story in the paper, and it has happened several times in the last year on roads I frequently drive. I think it deserves felony status.

What about driving tired???

I think its even a little more dangerous than DUI.

I agree though. A vehicle is a dangerous weapon. IF you are in a state that prevents you from controlling that weapon, you should exercise judgement and consideration towards your fellow man and refrain from driving at that time.

I'm not so sure if making harsher laws help very much though. I think a better way is to inform people what the results of their actions will be on others (ie friend of husbads

Friend of mine's husband got killed by a DUI driver, so I'd suggest you take it as a serious lesson and not write it off as merely "stupid."

I'm not sure if throwing someone in jail helps. Rather, what about seizing driving priveledges until a judge can determine that they understand the impact of DUIing or Driving while exhausted (DWE).

A vehicle is a dangerous weapon. IF you are in a state that prevents you from controlling that weapon, you should exercise judgement and consideration towards your fellow man and refrain from driving at that time.

:begin rant:

This would imply that the asshole behind the wheel GAFF about the rest of the world. Typically, the asshole does not.

I'm not so sure if making harsher laws help very much though. I think a better way is to inform people what the results of their actions will be on others (ie friend of husbads

See the response immediately above.

I'm not sure if throwing someone in jail helps. Rather, what about seizing driving priveledges until a judge can determine that they understand the impact of DUIing or Driving while exhausted (DWE).

This has been tried on innumerable occasions over many years. All it takes to convince one that this approach is pure folly is to spend one afternoon in traffic court to hear how many people are DSL and/or DLR. These assholes feel that driving is a right, not a privilege. Read your driver's manual; it tells you on page 1 which of the two it is. Nothing short of jail time is going to keep them off the road.

Same with those motherfuckers that don't buy insurance and cause me to pay extra for uninsured/underinsured motor vehicle coverage on my premiums. It is tantamount to subsidized law-breaking, yet it continues unabated. madgo_ron.gif

:end rant:

Drinking a driving is a fuck up no ifs and or buts,

I fell alseep at the wheel going 70 mph after driving from San Fran to Tswassen ferry, after a poor sleep in my old style Bronco I continued up island and fell asleep, crossed the white line, went off a 15 foot bank, sailing through the air and landing nose first, flipped upside down and backwards clipping off a telephone pole sized fir tree at about ten feet in the air with the roof, just behind the passenger side of the truck. We then spun around again landing on the roof. I had a full rollcage in the vehicle and it saved the lives of my best friend and my dog not to mention my own. The truck was so far in the bush that we couldn't find it the next day for about an hour, There was nothing salvagable from that thing. Injuries were minor cuts and incredible aches for two days after. I could not even get in a vehicle for 6 months I felt so guilty for nearly killing my friend. It took me a year to drive again. I cannot imagine what it would feel like to have hurt someone like that but suicide comes to mind. I was golden that day and have since lived through other large crashes and been close to some very serious logging accidents but that episode really sticks with me even 25 years later.

Every one makes mistakes I think it is luck that stops mistakes from becoming tragedy.

What about driving tired???

I think its even a little more dangerous than DUI.

Up here, it's illegal. There are actually two separate sections of the Criminal Code that cover these things: one charge is for driving with a blood alcohol content over .08; the other charge is for "impaired driving". Impaired is a pretty broad term which in this instance refers to any condition at all that impairs your ability to safely operate a motor vehicle - alcohol, drugs, exhaustion, temporary blindness because you forgot your glasses, etc. Speaking from some personal experience, when they charge you with DUI, they automatically charge you with Impaired Driving also. That way if you beat the DUI charge by having the breathalizer results thrown out, they can still get you on the "impaired" charge.

A dui in Canada is considered a Felony... I did do a stupid but it seems a little over the top...

This happened years ago, and I never met him, so it's not some personal trauma. It is a notch closer to home than a story in the paper, and it has happened several times in the last year on roads I frequently drive. I think it deserves felony status.

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

I agree 100%.

Same with those motherfuckers that don't buy insurance and cause me to pay extra for uninsured/underinsured motor vehicle coverage on my premiums. It is tantamount to subsidized law-breaking, yet it continues unabated. madgo_ron.gif

:end rant:

True, I forgot to factor in the asshole quotient.

As far as people who drive w/o insurance:

I could argue that driving without insurance, while risky and irresponsible, can lead one to actually be a safer driver, thus preventing accidents from occurring in the first place.

Reasoning: How many times have you heard this yuppie attitude- “Oh yeah, this thing is insured out the wazoo. IF I wreck it, they’ll just buy me a brand new one! SO I don’t give a fawk if I wreck it!!!!“

or another favorite,

“Haha! The insurance company cut me a check for $20,000. Little did they know that the thing needed $5,000 to repair the transmission… Now I got me a brand new transmission and a better and newer car because I “totaled” the car by rear-ending a telephone pole.”

These people drive up your rates much faster than those that drive without insurance. I once got T-boned by an inattentive, speeding woman because I was poking 5-8 feet out into a rural intersection (you couldn’t see around the corner where the stop sign was). She had to have been doing 50-65 MPH in a 30 zone. Although she could have moved the wheel slightly left, and had about 2-3 seconds to do so (the time at which I spotted her car), she plowed right into me. She was on her cellphone.

Damage to my vehicle: totaled. Entire front end displaced 3 inches from the radiator to infront of the engine. Vehicle value $1500. I did not have collision.

Damage to me: Psychological. I was on my way to the unemployment office. :P!!!

Damage to her vehicle: a broken headlight and small dent between the light and the bumber on the passenger side. She later drove off.

Damage to her: She got out of the car, never said a word to me despite asking her several times if she was ok, and then got back in her car to call police. When the police arrived, she began to hold her neck.

I rolled my eyes. The paramedics arrived, checked her out, cleared her, and later one EMT pulled me aside and said, “We see people pull this BS all the time…”

Result: the cop hit me with a ticket for not making sure it was safe to proceed in the intersection. This despite the 80 foot skid mark (which would have been longer had it not been interrupted by my vehicle) Note she was driving a compact car, so therefore the momentum of the vehicle was less than a larger sedan…. IT was obvious she was at least partially, and in my mind, about 75 percent at fault. But the law says I’m to blame. Fine.

One year later, when I go to renew my insurance policy, I find they jacked up the rate 180%. I inquire as to why. Apparently, they settled with her out of court for $1500 in vehicle damage (despite it being 500 or less including body damage) And a staggering $3,500 in personal injury!!! MY insurance company never informed me of this. I could have gotten witnesses who saw the accident back up my story, the EMT that checked her out, etc. I seriously doubt she sustained any injuries. She had on her seatbealt and most of the energy was absorbed by my car. I received no injuries despite a sideways impact. I am still amazed at the fact that the insurance company preferred to settle without checking the veracity of her claims. Why was I, or the officer or EMTs never contacted about her claim? IT smells if you ask me. Wasting my insurance money and other policy holders….

So let me ask you, who is really causing you higher interest rates: The careful, uninsured driver, or the reckless and opportunistic insured driver and the lazy attitude of the insurance companies???

She comitted subsidized law-breaking with her fradulent claim. The insurance company also did by paying her off without asking questions. They dont care because they get away with passing the claim off to policy holders. snaf.gif