The what did you do this weekend thread

Dave_Schuldt

Enough of Katrina and the political fallout. Let's get down to what's realy important.

Saturday - MTB ride MF Snoqualmie Trail. Awesome, wish I was a beter technical rider. This trail isn't for biginers. Fairwether, get your lazy ass out there and check it out. Your friends at the WTA have done a great job. If it's not hard enough for you let me know. My suspension got a full workout.

Sunday - Yoga to recover then Bumbershoot.

Monday - 60 mile road ride then chores a chillin'

I saw Dave Schuldt out riding the Middle Fork on Saturday. I was on my way to Goldmyer for a soak. Sunday tried to get into Rebecca Lake for some fishing but then the expected weather came in and we turned back. Sunday was a day of relaxing Retail Therapy.

I didn't climb either. hahaha.gif

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stayed at a condo just east of Glacier Friday night. Saturday headed up to Yellow Aster Butte w/ a group of people. Got rained on off and on the rest of the day and night. Looked like more of the same for Sunday, so we headed back to the condo. I did find out I can cram 6 people in my 2 person tent, helped that most of them were female. That was one way to beat being wet and cold. Returned on Monday when it was sunny and beautiful.

Hey, I was up at YAB and Tomyhoi on Monday too! Were you still a group of six on Monday?

Sunday went to Sunshine wall and warmed up on some old favorites before attempting to lead George and Martha for the first time. Yikes! It was harder than I expected. It's way harder than either Air Guitar, Sex Party, or Crazy Fingers. I got to the top but only by virtue of an "active belay".

The offwidth move on G&M gets the full-value mark in my book! thumbs_up.gifthe_finger.gif I think that's the only time I've ever road-runnered. Seriously freaked my wife and belayer out! yelrotflmao.gif

[quote

The offwidth move on G&M gets the full-value mark in my book! thumbs_up.gifthe_finger.gif I think that's the only time I've ever road-runnered. Seriously freaked my wife and belayer out! yelrotflmao.gif

It helps if you are small. My daughter cruised it when she was 10.

She must have been able to fit her whole body into the crack! That's so not fair! She should have to curse and moan like the rest of us!

Which offwidth move? The 6-8" squeeze at the start of p3?

The 4" crack in the corner higher up?

Or are you talking about the smorgasbord of wide cracks, chickenheads, and hidden cracks on p2?

Or are you talking about the smorgasbord of wide cracks, chickenheads, and hidden cracks on p2?

G&M as in George and Martha at Vantage, not GM at Index.

There are multi-pitch routes with Chicken heads out at Vantage!?? Where, Where? cantfocus.gifcantfocus.gif

[quote

It helps if you are small. My daughter cruised it when she was 10.

Nine times out of ten, it helps to be tall, but on G & M at Vantage, it struck me as being a distinct disadvantage.