Beer...........

spicoli11

Trader Joe's Bavarian Hefeweizen! It is the closest thing to the real stuff you get in Germany and Austria that I have found stateside.

My Dad brought me some and said "You gotta try this." I almost cried. Bananas! Cloves! It is the real deal.

Best of all it is like $4.99 a sixpack! grin.gif

Too bad the nearest TJs is 2 hours away...

madgo_ron.gif

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one of my all-time faves..

Dead_Guy_Ale.gif

as they say: "Gratefully dedicated to the Rogue in each of us" cantfocus.gifbigdrink.gif

funny.. a few years ago I had a brief fling with this one goth-type girl... one thing (one of the few things) we had in common was our love of DG Ale. When I pointed out the Grateful Dead reference, she was like "...ewwww!!!! OMG why did you have to tell me this?!? I'll never be able to think about this beer the same way! lame!!!" hahaha.gif

• 2 weeks later...
What is your favorite northwest beer???

My favorite is my own Easton Amber. Er, each batch comes out a little different tongue.gif but nary a complaint. Supplies are limited until November.

Since we're talking about beer, somebody ask me how my trip to Belgium went (I just returned Saturday).

What is your favorite northwest beer???

My favorite is my own Easton Amber. Er, each batch comes out a little different tongue.gif but nary a complaint. Supplies are limited until November.

Since we're talking about beer, somebody ask me how my trip to Belgium went (I just returned Saturday).

Hey, how was Belgium? bigdrink.gif

It was FREAKIN' AWESOME, thanks for asking.

My fave, a_home.jpg

And my second fave, westmalle.gif

So, we're in Ghent in the main marketplace. We sit at this outside cafe for a beer. The waiter, who I think owns the place - we called him Chucky - promptly seats us and gets me a Westmalle Dubbel - excellent. Cynthia and I play a game of cribbage - the laurels of victory were mine - and my beer runs dry. Now Chucky is sittin' with his buddies, drinkin' beer and smokin' cigarettes. Cynthia and I play another game, but no more beer, I'm dyin' of thirst over here all the while Chucky is partyin' with his homies. Almost like "island time" there. You'll get yer beer when they're good 'n ready.

Yeah, true, they dont do that 'check back' thing. I did have to go ask. Guess thats the way they do it.

Boy they have good beer there. I liked the Rochefort Trappist also - real good stuff. We went to Rochefort and went for a hike to find the abbey. We stayed on route the whole way but somehow missed the abbey - bummer. Nice countryside but I wanted to see the place. We were close - we saw a cross and some other clues - but no cigar.

Yeah, true, they dont do that 'check back' thing. I did have to go ask. Guess thats the way they do it.

pretty much.

if you haven't already, check out brouwer's cafe in fremont. they don't have my favorite (floris appel witbier), and they haven't managed to make a real belgian frite (though they've gotten closer than anywhere else i've tried around here) ... they do have a lot of belgian beers. i recommend the duchese de bourgogne ... yum! bigdrink.gif