what do you do on top?

knotzen

I was telling my grandfather about my upcoming climb, explaining the difference between "hiking" and "climbing" for the 52nd time, and he asked, "What do you do when you reach the top? Just come back down again?" (Which he followed up with "The only way I'd "walk" up a mountain is with a gun in my hand [i.e., for hunting].")

Well, I told him, we toss a football around, have a picnic, and then play a couple games of cards.

Besides the obvious ( smileysex5.gifmushsmile.gif), what crazy, interesting, quirky, unusual things have you done on the summit?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Played a few rounds of hackey sack (hey-- it was the 80's) on top of Castleton Tower with three other folks. When the sack (inevitably) rolled off the edge, it landed on some guy finishing the Kor-Ingalls, who politely returned it.

Summit photos with assorted rubber chickens, inflatable dinosaurs, etc.

I have a collection of many summit shots featuring a buddy playing air guitar with his ice axe.

Mostly though, I remember just how many folks die on the descent rather than the climb, and give myself a good talking too.

When I reach the top I switch my Ipod playlist from Skinny Puppy and Rammstein to classical music and float back down. However, that anger and hate stays with me.

In the Halls of the Mountain King?

That's not classical:

Savatage

In the Hall of the Mountain King

478205-sava-5.jpg

478205-sava-5.jpg.a65d9e269bc7d9c5d8a0799f199af6b6.jpg

What do I do on top?

It depends on how large her breasts are, how bad her feet smell, how smooth the landing strip is, how buck her teeth are, and numerous other factors. I prefer the 'Six Flags Over Texas' approach.

love those glissades.......