Weekend Plans..spill the beans!

Peter_Puget

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saturday, fun rock in Mazama, taking the wife (belay slave) and oldest son who's been bugging me to climb outside again.

Sunday horseback riding then a campfire and tenting on the beach (Methow River).

Monday the smallest parade in Washington in "downtown" Methow, followed by a potluck with all the town's residents at the grange (or should I say both the town's residents?). Then more smores and beach camping.

Sunday horseback riding then a campfire and tenting on the beach (Methow River).

Monday the smallest parade in Washington in "downtown" Methow, followed by a potluck with all the town's residents at the grange (or should I say both the town's residents?). Then more smores and beach camping.

and of course your married with children! WHY AREN'T THERE ANY SINGLE GUYS AROUND THAT WOULD FIND THIS FUN!?!?!???? This sounds AWESOME! I'm jealous!

I'm gonna climb the West Ridge of Stuart with my girlfriend. Hopefully the weather will hold and she will be fooled into thinking alpine climbing is fun.

I sense a difficult time for your relationship in the near future...

and of course your married with children! WHY AREN'T THERE ANY SINGLE GUYS AROUND THAT WOULD FIND THIS FUN!?!?!???? This sounds AWESOME! I'm jealous!

There are, they just are not willing to admit it because its pansy, frankly.

Its simply not the same as Girth Pillar with a Quark Ergo and a windshirt, where you loose said Ergo down the route, find a Neutrino, and leave a pair of SMC crampons on the route for the next party to haul out for you wink.gif Now thats camping!

The reasons I don't reveal my own weekend plans are

1) they are weak (bordering on said pansy, above), and so i would be viewed as less than worthy by my peers. Gotta maintain my rep...

2) people would realize what a fantastic outing i have planned, full of solitude, and scoop it, crowding up the route, eh?

I'm gonna climb the West Ridge of Stuart with my girlfriend. Hopefully the weather will hold and she will be fooled into thinking alpine climbing is fun.

I sense a difficult time for your relationship in the near future...

I was tempted to comment on this, thought better of it, then I scroll down and see that Alex already has.

We obviously know nothing about your relationship or your girlfriend, but my guess is you might want to choose a slightly smaller objective if you are trying to convince her that alpine climbing is "fun." I have not done it, and lots of people say the W. Ridge is a great climb, but it is long and many people have epics on it. Especially in unstable weather.

Danger!

There are plenty of single guys who would find that fun, myself included. However, we often fall victim to the type of girl who would be afraid to go on such a trip because it would be indicative of too much commitment -- the girl basks in the attention we give her and relishes the fact that we like her, but as soon as we show that we really like her, it's game over, and she's found some other dude who gives her attention.

And an unrelated tangent -- I think the first time we met at a PC, you said, "Physics? Eeewwwww." Major turnoff.

boxing_smiley.gif

Rap Wall topo, yeah yeah yeah,...doh there's my weekend plan!

I think Marie, that if you want to find a man that things that stuff is fun and willing to admit it, you have to 1) marry him and 2) pump out some kids and 3) shackle him to the house and kids with massive guilt then 4) let him out of the cave once every 4 weeks with his friends. Then even meager outings like car camping with the fam will be major events.

And an unrelated tangent -- I think the first time we met at a PC, you said, "Physics? Eeewwwww." Major turnoff.

boxing_smiley.gif

I DID NOT!! EVER!! Physics and smart guys is a MAJOR turn on! seriously, you're think'in of the wrong chica! I love smart men. I actually have dated very VERY unattractive guys...because they had off the charts intelligence. But..with that said...You gotta still be able to have a good time and not sit around and play chess all day! It's a balance baby!

Hey, fuck you guys. This is the kind of shit grown ups have to do so they don't lose all their gear in divorce court. I've ridden horses on ground that's more exposed than half the people on this board have ever seen. And I don't even own a wind shirt. I tried going the "climbing every weekend" route and it just doesn't go over well with my wife and kids, so yes....I will be eating smores and lounging for one weekend in July.

Hey, fuck you guys. This is the kind of shit grown ups have to do so they don't lose all their gear in divorce court. I've ridden horses on ground that's more exposed than half the people on this board have ever seen. And I don't even own a wind shirt. I tried going the "climbing every weekend" route and it just doesn't go over well with my wife and kids, so yes....I will be eating smores and lounging for one weekend in July.

As long as their is beer involved you've some masculinity.