No climbing? WTF?

slothrop

Didn't anyone climb anything this weekend? Is Chaps right, do we just sit around without lives and post junk all day?

WHERE ARE THE TRIP REPORTS?

I climbed Mount Washington Park in Portland this weekend with my mom, via the Rose Garden variation. On the way up, I saw some dangerous cliffs covered with chicken wire that I could climb, but the sign said I would be prosecuted to the FULL EXTENT of the law if I did. Instead, we descended into the valley and I free-soloed Mount Tonkatsu with Curry Sauce, with the sit start. The entire Canadian Navy was parked on the Willamette River, so we boarded their ships (arr!), meeting with minimal resistance. I departed Sunday to complete the Portland-Seattle enchainment, topping out on the UW Rock at approximately 6:45pm. This extreme effort was not without personal cost, however, as I was late for helping prepare dinner and my girlfriend was mad.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

was supposed to go climbing with my friend Mark up in Squamish. cancelled due to rain. spent the weekend running (or something that looks vaguely like it) and doing errands. really bummed about how little climbing i'm getting in. cry.gif fed the new pet , worked on the darkroom, organized new pet stuff.

also saw 'howl'. rockband.gif

Hiked up to Lk. Vivienne on Sat. Went to bed. Woke up on Sun. morning with 30 mph+ winds, blowing snow, 30 deg. temps. Walked back down to TH. Drank beer. Rode home in back seat. Went to bed. yellowsleep.gif

You guys should have gone up the W. Ridge anyway. Weather was a little cold, but would have been a fun "adventure" climb.

Flailed on 5.11 slab. Toes still hurt.

which one? cantfocus.gif

stupid Ronins Corner one

is it just my imagination or does the line now climb completely differently at the bottom, where the old footholds are now too slick to use due to top rope flailings like mine?

stupid Ronins Corner one

is it just my imagination or does the line now climb completely differently at the bottom, where the old footholds are now too slick to use due to top rope flailings like mine?

It's been years since I climbed that thing - I seem to remember traversing in a bit to get to the 1st bolt. Have you played on any of the slabs on Upper Malamute? Discovered them a couple of weeks ago - good lines.

Flailed on 5.11 slab. Toes still hurt.

which one? cantfocus.gif

stupid Ronins Corner one

No, which toe?