Modern Lovers

Squid

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why do i detect an underlying assumption that if you are a guy and google a girl, it's creepy and stalking whereas if a girl does it, then it's 'being safe'?

b/c you're right on the money about the assumption and that statement in general. reality bites eh?

I didn't see a mention of "being safe", maybe I just overlooked it. But no, I don't think the story is any different in any case. How would google info lead to a good coversation anyway? What's your lead-in, "Hey, I was doing some online stalking and I found out you like to post inane comments in spray." Does that work?

If some broad said she checked me out on the internet I would promptly walk out, weirdo, she probably online dates: translates to I have no life skills

What's wrong with googling someone prior to a date?

I assume you check out the webpage of a company before interviewing for a job there?

If some broad said she checked me out on the internet I would promptly walk out, weirdo, she probably online dates: translates to I have no life skills

You obviously haven't plumbed the depths of desperation.

Or savored the fruits of very low standards.

You obviously haven't plumbed the depths of desperation.

Or savored the fruits of very low standards.

based on the tone of his post, i think specialed has.

I didn't see a mention of "being safe", maybe I just overlooked it. But no, I don't think the story is any different in any case. How would google info lead to a good coversation anyway? What's your lead-in, "Hey, I was doing some online stalking and I found out you like to post inane comments in spray." Does that work?

yelrotflmao.gif

I find that a lot of the women who are quick to talk about the dangers of "stalkers" or ... "creepy" guys ... seem to fall in one of three categories:

1) They have personally been stalked (or worse) by a creepy guy, and it was a scary, traumatic experience, OR...

2) They're rather fat and/or ugly, and secretly wish that once, just for once, someone would actually stalk them, OR...

3) They enjoy watching a nice, sensitive guy squirm in his seat and rush to reassure the rest of the room that he would NEVER do anything to harm a woman or make her feel uncomfortable ... I've watched this exact kind of scenario unfold on more than one occasion.

I haven't verified it, but for true cyberstalkers, supposedly revealing things can be found by searching http://www.zabasearch.com/ .

Google is informative. Not morally different than seeing if there is anything on a particular subject by doing a search in the magazine database in the public library. It is what you do with the information that could make you creepy.