Dave_Schuldt

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Smokers that stink up my office.

Microwave pop corn that stinks up most of the office and makes me want to hurl.

Anyone else wanna bitch?

thumbs_up.gif Good list, Dave. Even though they smoke outside, they still drag their stink back in with them. And the fact those same smokers think they're entitled to a 10 minute 'smoke break' every hour...what bullshit. That micro-popcorn smell is putred. I thought I read recently that there can be some respiratory fungus associated with the inhalation of certain chemicals in the popcorn steam-cloud.

Also on the list: People who fart and don't even have the decency to fess up. People who sneeze into their hand (instead of their elbow bend) and then go on about their business w/o washing up.

People who sneeze into their hand (instead of their elbow bend) and then go on about their business w/o washing up.

C'mon; how're you gonna get a strong immune system if you never expose it to any of those frightful germs? All this excessive handwashing is just helping to create the next breed of indestructible bacteria that feed on hand soap and laugh at antibiotics.

1) the belching fat chick (now a memory)

2) the "chatty cathy's" (otherwise known as HR and technical writers) who, unfortunately, congregate outside my office and discuss (ad nauseum) their husbands, their precious Bratleigh and Snotleigh, their weight/health/fluids, gardening, crafting, quilting, etc. if they worked as much as they talked, they'd get paid more. that'd give them one less thing to 'talk' about i suppose...

1) the belching fat chick (now a memory)

2) the "chatty cathy's" (otherwise known as HR and technical writers) who, unfortunately, congregate outside my office and discuss (ad nauseum) their husbands, their precious Bratleigh and Snotleigh, their weight/health/fluids, gardening, crafting, quilting, etc. if they worked as much as they talked, they'd get paid more. that'd give them one less thing to 'talk' about i suppose...

This technical writer takes issue. I rarely, rarely discuss fluids.

Nothing personal, it's just coincidental that they happen to be technical writers. They'd be annoying if they were in any position. My wife's theory is that their husband's stopped listening to them and they need an outlet or they'll explode.

My first real office job took place in a large suite that was sans veal-fattening pens. Instead of those cubicle walls they simply pushed two desks together so they would face each other and voila! Office space. I had the misfortune to be paired up with an older woman who would regale me with tales of her adolescent daughter's sexual exploits. Her (the co-workers) morning ritual was to sit down in her chair, plop down her 64oz. tankard of diet coke still fresh from the 7-11, pull out a costco-sized bottle of hand lotion from her desk and proceed to slather her entire body with it (hands under her clothes) as she sat across from me, trying to engage me in conversation as I did everything I could to not look at her.

Did I mention she was about 5'7" and weighed at least 350 lbs.?

I got into the habit of running for the coffee lounge every morning when she walked in.

Now, over 15 years later, it still gives me shivers to think about. Ugh.

I thought I read recently that there can be some respiratory fungus associated with the inhalation of certain chemicals in the popcorn steam-cloud.

No, not fungus. It is a chemical called diacetyl, that gives popcorn its butter flavor. I causes lung problems in the workers in the factories where they make that product.

I thought I read recently that there can be some respiratory fungus associated with the inhalation of certain chemicals in the popcorn steam-cloud.

No, not fungus. It is a chemical called diacetyl, that gives popcorn its butter flavor. I causes lung problems in the workers in the factories where they make that product.

oh good one more thing that i need to avoid. somebody just pass me the the organic bean sprouts and wheatgerm please.

How about the coworker who frequently asks favors of you, but never seems to return the favor? I had one years ago who would come to me at the end of the day and ask if I could shut down her experiment before I left. She had to go pick up her kid from daycare. I'd find out her experiment ended at 5:30 pm, and I'd have to stay late. Grrrr.

if you want some microwave popcorn, just toss some kernels in a paper bag and throw it in the microwave. works just fine. then you can put real butter on it instead of whatever petroleum product du jour the pre-packaged kind has. It's also a hell of a lot cheaper.