Get a job & bivy w/ Goofy

Squid

Disneyland Resort --- DISNEYLAND Resort

Title: Mountain Climbers US-CA-Anaheim

RESPONSIBILITIES:

The Disneyland® Resort is “The Happiest Place On Earth,” featuring two theme parks, an entertainment district and three hotels. All within walking distance are: Disneyland®, Walt Disney's original theme park; Disney's California Adventure TM, Disney fun with a whole new attitude; Downtown Disney® District, a public esplanade of dining, family entertainment and shopping; the luxurious 745-room Disney's Grand Californian Hotel® ; the beach front fun of the 489-room Disney's Paradise Pier® Hotel; and the magical 990-room Disneyland® Hotel.

We currently have MOUNTAIN CLIMBER openings.

A Disneyland Mountain Climber will perform repetitive climbing and rappelling up and down the face of the Matterhorn Mountain and perform a rehearsed and directed show. They will be responsible to ensure the safe operation of the Disneyland Resort Climbing Program. The Climbers are a highly skilled, physically agile group of individuals who possess unique mountaineering and rock climbing skills enabling them to safely scale a rock face, using a variety of specialized equipment. The Climbers are focused on the immediate job at hand, as it is considered to be a very challenging and physically demanding job. The focus of a Climber is not only on themselves, but on their climbing partner as well. A Climber depends on their partner to ensure a safe climb.

As a Disney Cast Member, you will be expected to exhibit a positive, friendly and helpful attitude to our Guests and fellow Cast Members.

REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:

• Firm understanding of and ability to demonstrate proper climbing technique, belaying, rappelling, hanging belay, and proper usage of climbing equipment including Fall Arrest Equipment (ex: ATC device, Rescue 8, Petzl I’D).

• Training and knowledge in use of SRL (Self Retracting Lifelines). Training and understanding in the use of the Hanging Point Turntable.

• Technical climbing experience in leading a 5.9 climb. A Class 5 climb is defined as: high angle cliffs, severe exposure. Protection placed by leader.

• Ability to identify and resolve any potential problem as it relates to climbing a mountain as a climber or in any other element of the climbing program.

• Experience in overseeing a climber of lesser experience and assuming responsibility for proper climbing technique for lesser experienced climbers.

• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, occasionally up to 75 pounds.

PLEASE APPLY IN PERSON AT THE DISNEYLAND RESORT CASTING CENTER LOCATED AT 700 W. BALL ROAD, ANAHEIM, CALIFORNIA. FOR DIRECTIONS, OR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CALL THE DISNEYLAND RESORT JOBLINE AT (800) 766-0888.

Additional Information

Position Type: Part Time, Employee

Job#: BR

Contact Information

Disneyland Resort

700 W. Ball Road

Anaheim CA 92803

Ph: (800) 766-0888

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Ability to identify and resolve any potential problem as it relates to climbing a mountain as a climber or in any other element of the climbing program.

Righto. I'll get on that one, chief.

• Experience in overseeing a climber of lesser experience and assuming responsibility for proper climbing technique for lesser experienced climbers.

"C'mon, bizatch, climb!! I'm not gonna pull yer ass up!"

"C'mon, bizatch, climb!! I'm not gonna pull yer ass up!"

No, more like: "Okay, put your right hand on that big hold there...no the big one right there where I'm pointing....okay, now move your left foot up to that little ledge...no, your other left...other left!!..."

Finally... A job for Pandora or Fox. yelrotflmao.gif

yeah...but the 5.9 part rules you out! yellaf.gif

D00d! I stand a better chance then getting to the top then you! Its multipitch...! You'd pump out from actually having to climb for more than 35 m. hahaha.gifboxing_smiley.gifthe_finger.gifwazzup.gif

i'm more worried about the approach from the parking lot, i hear its on the other side of the Disneyland, that'd be epic approachment for me...

multipitch...hahahaha, that rules you out since you can't get past the first pitch...

But, hey...i heard that the donald duck/goofy duo left four neutrino's at the summit for ya! So there's some inspiration...get on it!! boxing_smiley.gifthe_finger.gifevils3d.gif

yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif